UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
Dec 31, 2009 at 2:58 AM Post #331 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinHorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I will be very, very interested in the comparison you do, hopefully, early in January so I can see just how much I'd gain by "upgrading" to the LD DAC I.

I promise to do it, and I'll start as soon as I can, but I've got a lot on my plate at the moment... I will keep you posted, I'm anxious to see what the results will be as well.
So far, I'm loving the DAC-1. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever, it sounds wonderful.

Jan 1, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #333 of 411
Hi guys,

I just ordered the LD DAC_1. I emailed Davide yesterday, and he replied in minutes, as always! I ordered directly through him, for a total of $304 shipped.

I have been wanting to go balanced for quite a while now, and this is going to be paired with the LD MKVII, when I get that. David said that he was hopeful that the MKVII would be back in production by mid January.

Of course, I will need more time to save up for the MKVII. I am currently using a Millet Maxed, which I absolutely love! I will probably keep that for a tube amp.

I am currently using the Keces 131 MKII, which I am also enjoying very much. Sadly, I will be parting with that to make room for the LD DAC_1. That will also fund the purchase of the MKVII.

I plan on using DT880 600 ohm for my balanced phones. I currently have the DT880 250 ohm, which I absolutely love. So, I have reasoned if I am going to go balanced, I want to get the best 880 out there. I am tempted to go with the Senn 600 or 650, but that may be down the road a bit.

I will let you know how the LD DAC_1 sounds compared to the Keces once I receive it.

Anyone have any timeline on how long it took to get it from China? I know I have read somewhere it was pretty quick, but don't recall exactly how quickly they received theirs.

Thanks to everyone for contributing so much to this LD DAC forum. I have been interested since page 1!

Have a blessed and safe New Year,
smile_phones.gif

Matt

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #335 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had mine in about a week from shipment. Intl. shipping seems to be not as bad as it used to be.

You said before that the Dac_2 is just the Dac_1 plus an amp? Have you compared the two yet?

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #336 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by finoyvoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You said before that the Dac_2 is just the Dac_1 plus an amp? Have you compared the two yet?

David himself says so.

I'm supposed to wait 3-4 days for a QC and than 5-10 days of a shipping. Damn you! :p

Jan 1, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #337 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeycam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
David himself says so.

I'm supposed to wait 3-4 days for a QC and than 5-10 days of a shipping. Damn you! :p

Ah okay thanks, that's good to know.

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #338 of 411
Quote:

The DAC_I has XLR balanced out while the DAC_II has not.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #339 of 411
Quote:

I'm not sure that was me, but if it was, I think I'm in error and PekingDuck is correct: The DAC II sacrifices the balanced outputs.
It should make no difference though as far as fidelity, Balancing in this case is simply extra protection against stray noise. It isn't needed unless you have a giant neon sign right next to the unit.
tongue.gif

(Balancing as far as making two completely isolated dual amps inside a single unit is a different animal.)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeycam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm supposed to wait 3-4 days for a QC and than 5-10 days of a shipping. Damn you!

Yes, you must wait!! :p. I think you'll find the tease is worth it. I have NO complaints thus far.

Jan 2, 2010 at 4:09 AM Post #340 of 411
Thanks guys, that helps-a little!

Jan 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #341 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure that was me, but if it was, I think I'm in error and PekingDuck is correct: The DAC II sacrifices the balanced outputs.
It should make no difference though as far as fidelity, Balancing in this case is simply extra protection against stray noise. It isn't needed unless you have a giant neon sign right next to the unit.
tongue.gif

(Balancing as far as making two completely isolated dual amps inside a single unit is a different animal.)
Yes, you must wait!! :p. I think you'll find the tease is worth it. I have NO complaints thus far.

Lol, I guess I better move my giant neon signs then.

Jan 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #342 of 411
Quote:

Lol, I guess I better move my giant neon signs then.

Not necessarily! Some people find they like a steady 60Hz 'hum' coursing through their music at all times. I'd say try it first at least!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back