UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
Dec 20, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #316 of 411
You seem so sure oatmeal, about jitter. I don't think many people would agree with you though. That's why devices like the Off Ramp and Pace car are made. Have you actually compared your 1212m's and Mobo's digital output? The 1212m at least has a pulse transformer, that in itself puts it quite abit ahead mobo optical out, that's just galvanic isolation, nothing fancy about jitter or reflections going on there.

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:40 AM Post #317 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, but I won't be able to do any serious objective testing until after the holidays. It takes much time to set it all up and 'do it right'.

Sounds good, thanks man. Would be great if you could do a onboard coax v.s. sound card coax comparo too
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 1:07 AM Post #318 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by elwappo99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know how I feel about the loss of the XLRs to the gained headphone out. Anyone know if David still has some of the older versions around?

oh i didn't realized those were gained outputs... so this is like a preamp too or what?

Dec 22, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #319 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by etiolate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh i didn't realized those were gained outputs... so this is like a preamp too or what?

only the headphone out is gained. I believe they put in the equivalent of the Little Dot MKI+ in the new DAC_II.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #320 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda-R /img/forum/go_quote.gif
only the headphone out is gained. I believe they put in the equivalent of the Little Dot MKI+ in the new DAC_II.

oh i see. i misread that quote at first. that's what i thought.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #321 of 411
Has anyone been lucky enough to compare this to the Matrix Mini-I DAC? Both have balanced outs and are in the same price league.

My interest is 99% on the DAC performance, headamp would be just a bonus.

A pity that the little-tube website is still down...

Dec 26, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #322 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by McInen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone been lucky enough to compare this to the Matrix Mini-I DAC? Both have balanced outs and are in the same price league.

My interest is 99% on the DAC performance, headamp would be just a bonus.

A pity that the little-tube website is still down...

keep in mind the balanced outs are lost if you get the headphone amp

Dec 29, 2009 at 11:35 AM Post #325 of 411
Antonch,

If I recall correctly, there is someone in this thread that had a 701 and the DAC_1, and they really liked it.

Try searching for AKG in this thread. Or, better yet, read through the thread to learn a good deal about this awesome DAC.

I plan on ordering it myself, either on the 1st, or after I sell my Keces 131 MKII DAC.

My plan is to buy the LD MKVII & the LD DAC_1, then replace my DT880 250 Ohms, w/ DT880 Manufaktur 600 ohm balanced
ksc75smile.gif
!

I have heard that is a very good combo as well!

Very exciting to see this DAC finally getting more attention.

Matt

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #326 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(First post! :O)

I just ordered a LD DAC_I and a LD MKV, which i hope will go well together with my AKG K601's. Has anyone tried a similar setup?

Until you're willing to spend a LOT more on a tube amp, or buy a good solid state, you will be hard pressed to find a better deal. That combo will do your ears just fine.

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #327 of 411
i got my ld dac_II in the mail. using the built in amp with my hd595's. wow. sounds absolutely beautiful. i'll post some impressions later on. for now though, i really really love it.
smily_headphones1.gif

img0245x.jpg

img0246x.jpg

Dec 30, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #328 of 411
Oatmeal,

I'm running my LD V thru the modded Zero DAC you sold me so I will be very, very interested in the comparison you do, hopefully, early in January so I can see just how much I'd gain by "upgrading" to the LD DAC I. I'd like to go balanced with my HD 650s at some point in the future so this would be a step in that direction. '

By the way, do you or someone else have David's address here handy so I can contact him directly rather than going thru eBay? Thanks!

Dec 31, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #330 of 411
I've ordered my DAC_I yesterday, can't wait. I've just got a nice amp, but sold all of my sources - I'd love to listen to it with a new DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back