Nov 4, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #242 of 411
the LittleDot DAC II is said to be launched this December
happy_face1.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #243 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the LittleDot DAC II is said to be launched this December
happy_face1.gif

Any word on differences/improvements over the DAC 1?

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #244 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by vlach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any word on differences/improvements over the DAC 1?

It's going to be identical to the DAC_I only with a built in headphone amp that resembles the LD mkI+

Nov 4, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #245 of 411
Double post, sorry

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #246 of 411
Bumpty again,

oatmeal, did you ever get one? If so, can you post some impressions vs the zero?

Anyone else? It's been out for a few months, but I haven't seen any thorough impressions of it
frown.gif

Nov 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #248 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by oatmeal769 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not yet, I'm still working on it. Need to sell the PS Audio first. I will do a complete ABX shootout between this and the zero when I get it though...

Don't you think your modified PS Audio is in a totally different league though?

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #249 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by vlach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't you think your modified PS Audio is in a totally different league though?

Yep, I absolutely thought that - until I did the 'shootout' between the two. Check my other threads to find it. I was blown away, frankly. I still can't quite believe it.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #250 of 411
Are you going to reveal which DAC you preferred 85% & 95% of the time in your tests?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #251 of 411
Dang, you're right, I never did put up which was which. The thread just died fairly quick so I just assumed no one was interested and forgot.
It was a simple matter to tell the difference using software, but I couldn't reliably hear a difference.

I was only able to more or less tell a difference on one of the three songs. I had many errors, but there was a trend toward my being somewhat accurate.
Even after VERY intense listening sessions, and multiple tries on different days though, I wasn't able to tell a difference on the other two beyond random chance.

I would never be able to pick which was which though, Neither sounded better or worse, there certainly wasn't what I expected - More smoothness, open top end, better sound stage and all that.

I was blown away, hence my PSA is for sale at a great price.
smile_phones.gif

I want to get this DAC because of the awesome feature set, AND it's balanced, so if I want to have it by my computer, and run long distances to amps, noise will be thoroughly rejected.

I still feel like I can hear better 'sound stage', and whatever, but I've made recordings of a couple of those instances since, and can tell no difference when they're actually stacked equally against one another.

Apparently, my brain is incredibly powerful and good at convincing the rest of itself of something, even though it knows no audible difference factually exists.

Nov 22, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #253 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any news on when the Little Dot DACII will be released in December? Maybe some sort of preorder list?

I'm looking to use this with the Senn HD650. A solid combination?

I kind of doubt the built-in amp (which is the same as the LD MKI+, a portable amp) has enough power to drive the HD650

Nov 23, 2009 at 6:55 AM Post #254 of 411
i already preordered.
smily_headphones1.gif
. lol. you can just email davidzhezhe and get on the list and order it now if you'd like.

From my email with davidzhezhe:
Quote:

Hello Adam,

Sure, if you would like to pre-order to ensure you get one of the first Little Dot DAC_II that are ready, we can definitely do that. If you are are a PayPal user, just let me know your PayPal email address along with a telephone number for shipping purposes and I'll send you the appropriate PayPal invoice for your Little Dot DAC_II pre-order.

Regarding the headphone jack, it is indeed a 1/4" and not a 1/8". If you have any other questions or requests, please do not hesitate to ask!

Best Regards,
David

I get one of the first!! AHA! suckers.
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll let you know how it is when I get it, but it's my christmas present so I won't get it until then. Lol. I know, I feel like a child, but I'm 21! Not my fault I'm in college and my mom lets me choose my christmas gifts.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back