UPCOMING Little Dot DAC
May 18, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #136 of 411
My amp doesnt have balanced input so I cant confirm it. But I remembered that the staffs in LD said DAC_1 is truely balanced.

May 20, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #138 of 411
Little Dot is releasing their new CD transport as well. I would very much like a stack of their CDP, the DAC, and one of their tube amps.

45202379200901192254112154198031469_005.jpg

May 20, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #139 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by CapQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My amp doesnt have balanced input so I cant confirm it. But I remembered that the staffs in LD said DAC_1 is truely balanced.

If it's fully balanced then this DAC is a sweet deal for one who needs a budget balanced setup.

May 21, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #140 of 411
Any more comments on how this sounds and compares to other DACs ?

Sorry for pestering but I am ready to throw my credit card at this but really would like some more feedback before committing..

cheers

May 21, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #141 of 411
I wonder how after 10 pages nobody noticed this but... It must be said this DAC when fed data by USB will go to 16bit/48kHz max, as it does use the ubiquous BB PCM2704 chip for USB input.
So for anybody looking to use for computer audio with HD downloads, this is an important thing to look for. I must say neither DacMagic and V-DAC are able to do HD audio from USB for the same exact reason.
I wanted to clarify because someone asked about this, and there is no mention of it on any of the tech data (I find a bit misleading btw).
Regards
Josep

May 21, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #142 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by shuttleboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little Dot is releasing their new CD transport as well. I would very much like a stack of their CDP, the DAC, and one of their tube amps.

That's going to be one stylish stack.

May 21, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #143 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by josep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder how after 10 pages nobody noticed this but... It must be said this DAC when fed data by USB will go to 16bit/48kHz max, as it does use the ubiquous BB PCM2704 chip for USB input.
So for anybody looking to use for computer audio with HD downloads, this is an important thing to look for. I must say neither DacMagic and V-DAC are able to do HD audio from USB for the same exact reason.
I wanted to clarify because someone asked about this, and there is no mention of it on any of the tech data (I find a bit misleading btw).
Regards
Josep

I am no expert nor really interested in USB however from
Viewing a thread - Little Dot DAC_I Digital to Analog Converter

"The bit-rate can be up to 24-bit, but sampling rate is limited to 44.1Khz while using USB."

May 21, 2009 at 11:22 AM Post #144 of 411
I'm almost conisdering this the "too good to be true" portion of the equipment that I'm upgrading to. I'm going to be feeding my Squeezebox into it (after the Squeezebox had the "Enthusiast" Full mod package done by BolderCable), and then from there running balanced into the LD MKVI (with Svetlana 6H13C's and Brimar CV1985's). I'm having my balanced cable for my HD650's done up right now, but I'll also using the MKVI as a preamp for a Krell KAV-2250, also balanced, which will be pushing vintage Polk SDA-1C's that I've rebuilt with Sonicaps. If a <$300 DAC can make a Krell sing pretty, then that's one amazing bargain. Power, speaker, digital, xlr's all done by Signal Cable. Even having Signal build me the Senn Cable!

May 21, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #146 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by josep /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No surprise considering the price tag.
Just buy the an USB transport if you want higher sample rate.

May 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #147 of 411
I'm planning on buying this DAC along with a LD MK V, I will be using it with my ThinkPad and will be using my Prodigy Cube as a transport to get more sample rate options.
Can I use a regular phono coax video cable to connect the Prodigy Cube to the DAC_I using S/PDIF? My budget will be very strained after this buy so it would be good if I could avoid having to buy a cable also.

May 22, 2009 at 5:06 AM Post #148 of 411
Hi guys,
Fine about USB.
Adda, off course you can: video cable is 75ohm as well as digital cables, in fact most 'better' digital cables were born as video cables
wink.gif

Btw Prodigy Cube is the choice unless you want to go upwards to Benchmark/Lavry territory (over $1k).

May 22, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #149 of 411
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm planning on buying this DAC along with a LD MK V, I will be using it with my ThinkPad and will be using my Prodigy Cube as a transport to get more sample rate options.
Can I use a regular phono coax video cable to connect the Prodigy Cube to the DAC_I using S/PDIF? My budget will be very strained after this buy so it would be good if I could avoid having to buy a cable also.

yes, you can. the rca video cables will work, though audio cables will not

Users who are viewing this thread

Back