Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Apr 19, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #121 of 472
The Sharks curse is still as strong as ever. The Sharks beat the Avs in every way last night and still lost the game on a fluke play. However, if the Avs want to keep going in the playoffs, they need to pull their heads out of their collective butts and start playing better offense and defense. Anderson was outstanding, but he can't do that every game. If someone had told me before the game that a team with 17 shots would beat another team with 50 shots I would have laughed at them. DOH!!!!

Apr 20, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #123 of 472
Agreed, that was a big heartbreak for the Avs.

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #124 of 472
Wow, didn't expect Boston to leave the series but they are playing well. Rechhi is turning back the clock (even just a little) and providing key plays at important times. He's a savvy playoff tested veteran thats leading by example out there.

Apr 20, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #125 of 472
No one is commenting on the dominating performance that the Flyers put on last night against the Devils, Brodeur almost stole the game but in the end the Flyers prevailed. Kovalchuk played over 27 minutes and was held shotless. If the Flyers can keep playing like they did last night even Brodeur's outstanding netminding won't save the Devils. Still two more games for the Flyers to win, it's not over till it's over.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #126 of 472
Feeling pretty good now do ya Yikes? Welcome back btw. I can't hate the Flyers though they got Pronger (and set back the Blues defensive development a good two years). Flyers look good playing a physical game.

Some really good hockey being played as evidenced by every team having a win. I'm happy to see Phoenix, LA and Colorado doing well. Rebuilds showing success with a little luck. Boyle's pass went off the dman's stick to a shocked goalie who should have had the post. Boyle is wrongly accused of putting that on goal but ESPN broke down the play to show the deflection.

Apr 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #129 of 472
Blackhawks Game 3 tonight! Lets go for 1-2!!

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #131 of 472
crosbythecrybaby.jpg

Apr 20, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #132 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let's Go RED WINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets go anyone but pittsburgh tonight!

Let's go anyone but Pittsburgh and Phoenix!!!!!

BTW, just heard on Hockey Talk that as of this morning there were about 2000 tickets still available in Nashville. That's a really sad statement.

Apr 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM Post #133 of 472
lol, hilarious pic ecclesand!!

Go Wings Go! They need to get some solid goaltending from Howard. He hasn't been on his game since the playoff started. I hope he's not getting fatigued from the workload since he took over as #1. Detroit literally rode him into the playoffs. Hopefully Osgood can give him some good advice to get him back.

Apr 21, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #134 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, hilarious pic ecclesand!!

Go Wings Go! They need to get some solid goaltending from Howard. He hasn't been on his game since the playoff started. I hope he's not getting fatigued from the workload since he took over as #1. Detroit literally rode him into the playoffs. Hopefully Osgood can give him some good advice to get him back.

Howard got the shut out tonight. The Wings were playing like the Wings again. Though I've been a Detroit fan since the mid 60s, growing up outside of Detroit in a hockey family, I gotta say that I'm really enjoying watching the Coyotes this series. I want them to lose, but I'm becoming a fan. I missed the first period, but this was great hockey tonight.

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #135 of 472
Hawks had a disappointing night. Of all the nights to be outshot and and out performed in the season, we choose the playoffs. We need this next win on Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back