Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Apr 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM Post #152 of 472
Just checked blackhawks website, they won 3-0 last night! 2-2. I missed the game cuz the NFL draft was on.

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #153 of 472
Washington and Pittsburgh can't meet until the 3rd round. The NHL reseeds after each round. The next round (assuming washington wins) is Was/Phl, and the winner of bos/buf playing ottawa (or god forbid pit)

Apr 23, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #155 of 472
The Sharks pounded the Avs last night. I only watched till 3-0 but they definitely looked good and got goals from their young guys. They definitely need everyone chipping in if they want to keep moving.

Apr 23, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #156 of 472
Philly took care of Kovy, now they get to try shutting down AO. Really looking forward to that series. For the Caps to help themselves, they need to get under Pronger's skin and get him taking bad penalties. Play him physical and his elbows become weapons and as tall as he is, just checking a sub 6 footer draws a penalty.

Signing Smyth last year was a real good move by LA. They grew up a lot this year. It is obvious what was wrong with Phoenix. Gretz is a legend but not a coach. A few tweaks and they are competing. Colorado is playing well for Joe. They are a fast team.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #157 of 472
Canucks hammered the Kings and the Wings gave it to the Coyotes too. The best of three games are always exciting!

I agree, the Smyth signing was a great move by LA. Having a quality veteran like Smyth in the locker room definitely help them grow up. I wonder how they will bounce back the next game.

Apr 24, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #158 of 472
Wow! I thought it was over when Hossa got the stupid roughing penalty but the Kane scored on a short handed goal to tie it upl! Now THIS is exciting!!

Apr 24, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #159 of 472
Unbelievable! Hossa scores the OT winner coming out of the box!!

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #161 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wings were all around sluggish at the Joe and there will be a Game 7 in phoenix. I am crawling back to bed now.

It was painful to watch.

Apr 25, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #162 of 472
That Hawks game last night was amazing. I'm sure everyone that left the game with 1 min left in the 3rd to beat traffic feel dumb..
wink.gif

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #164 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Hawks game last night was amazing. I'm sure everyone that left the game with 1 min left in the 3rd to beat traffic feel dumb..
wink.gif

That game was fantastic! Patrick Kane never ceases to amaze. I was actually in town watching the game at a sports bar. I forget why i love going to these places, the excitement is great!! Just one more and we're one step closer!!

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM Post #165 of 472
Anyone who left the Blackhawk's game missed out on an outstanding finish. I was thinking it was all over when Hossa took the 5 minute penalty. Pulling the goalie SH was a dangerous move that ultimately paid off with the tying goal. Then having Hossa come out of the box and score was unbelievable. He definitely owes the guys out there for holding the fort while he was in the box.

The Wings played dreadful yesterday. They really need to step it up in Phoenix if they expect to pull it out. They need good consistent play across the board to beat the hungry Coyote team. I think they will be ready for it.

The Canucks ended the series with a flurry at the end of the 3rd. Luongo had some crazy saves but his glove hand was kind of suspect again. He couldn't keep the puck in his trapper and that led to Dougthy's PP goal right after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back