Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
Apr 15, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #76 of 472
DayoftheGreek: haha nice, post a pic of the tin foil stanley cup!

Day 2... Lots more action tonight! I'm exciting about the Canucks vs Kings series. Too bad I won't be able to watch it on TV but I'll be listening to it.

Apr 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #77 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
East

Washington vs Montreal: Washington in 5
New Jersey vs Philadelphia: New Jersey in 5
Buffalo vs Boston: Buffalo in 5
Pittsburgh vs Ottawa: Ottawa in 6

West

San Jose vs Colorado: San Jose in 6
Chicago vs Nashville: Chicago in 5
Vancouver vs Los Angeles: Los Angeles in 6
Phoenix vs Detroit: Detroit in 6

After last night, I'm revising it to Philly in 6

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #78 of 472
I would love to know from my American Head fi-ers how relevant the NHL is in the USA?
How about non-North American Head fi-ers? do you even get the playoffs on tv?

In Canada it is hard to avoid, I am not saying that every Canadian loves hockey, although 80% of the entire population of Canada watched some part of the Gold Medal game at the Vancouver Olympics..

but NHL playoffs in the US...where is it broadcast? Does anyone care?

Apr 15, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #79 of 472
hockey is the #4 sport in the US. It's on versus and nbc, and we get 2 playoff games a night nationally, and every game regionally.

So it's barely a blip on the US tv radar, and has more viewers than the number of people who live in canada outside of the 3 biggest cities.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #80 of 472
Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, but with a population less than that of California does it really matter what the % of Canadians that watch hockey is?

I'm just messing with you. I'd be curious to see if the number of people who watch the playoffs in the US is close to the number of Canadians who watch. I'd bet that it isn't, even though the US population is over 9 times that of Canada.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #81 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
grr recorded the coyotes on versus and missed it since it was on channel 3. I sure hope the Penguins ratchet up the play for game 2.

Same thing happened to me. I was pretty pissed but at least I made it for the 3rd period. I hope it's not going to happen again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I totally enjoyed that game. I was flipping between the Avs/Sharks and Wings/Coyotes and found myself watching the Wings/Coyotes more. Definitely a fun game.

I watched the highlights of that game and have to say I am glad the Avs won. The Sharks were dying to win against the Yotes to play the Avs. Nobody gave them a chance and look now. Beating the sharks in their own territory in the first game. I know, I know it's the first game but it still is an accomplishment after a rough season for them.

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #84 of 472
Wow, all game 1's have been so close in scoring. The Canucks and Kings are tight too. Good game so far and the playoff style roughness is in full force.

Apr 16, 2010 at 12:51 PM Post #86 of 472
Every series so far is going the way I had hoped except for Phi/NJ. It would be amazing if they finished this way but with the favourites having won only 2 of 7 games so far the chances of that happening are probably none.

Sens have lost Michalek for the rest of the season; that's 2 top-6 forwards gone now.

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #87 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Snake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing happened to me. I was pretty pissed but at least I made it for the 3rd period. I hope it's not going to happen again.

Looks like tonights coyotes game will be on FSN.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #88 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to know from my American Head fi-ers how relevant the NHL is in the USA?
How about non-North American Head fi-ers? do you even get the playoffs on tv?

In Canada it is hard to avoid, I am not saying that every Canadian loves hockey, although 80% of the entire population of Canada watched some part of the Gold Medal game at the Vancouver Olympics..

but NHL playoffs in the US...where is it broadcast? Does anyone care?

here in Hong Kong, it's on cable only and it got the channel from versus. the canucks game was from CBC. and nobody here cares about hockey.

Apr 16, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #89 of 472
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, a hockey fan from Detroit picking Arizona?

Holy crap! I messed that up, didn't I? Stupid copy and paste....

Revised.

East

Washington vs Montreal: Washington in 5
New Jersey vs Philadelphia: New Jersey in 6
Buffalo vs Boston: Boston in 7
Pittsburgh vs Ottawa: Pittsburgh in 6

West

San Jose vs Colorado: San Jose in 5
Chicago vs Nashville: Chicago in 5
Vancouver vs Los Angeles: Vancouver in 4
Phoenix vs Detroit: Detroit in 5

Apr 16, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #90 of 472
Blackhawks game 1 on tonight, 7:30pm Central time, anyone watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back