Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Apr 3, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #1,741 of 1,751
I finally picked up the X10T transport. I've been curious about it for a long time. Well, not only does it not have gapless playback, but it also cuts off the beginning of each track like some of the older budget Chinese players! Yet another piece of useless garbage from Xduoo. Seriously, why do we keep buying their junk?
I bought their X3 then their X10 because they offer great value for money in terms of sound. (The X10 less so)

For me, sound quality > everything. I'd put up with buggy or poor UI for stellar sound. I'm wouldn't sacrifice anything for sound. As long as it sounds the best in its price category, I'm sold.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:46 PM Post #1,742 of 1,751
For me, sound quality > everything. I'd put up with buggy or poor UI for stellar sound. I'm wouldn't sacrifice anything for sound. As long as it sounds the best in its price category, I'm sold.

In that case, you should give a serious look at the Walnut and Zishan players and stop giving Xduoo your money for players like the X3 (plays too fast) and X10 (battery failures). :)

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:51 PM Post #1,743 of 1,751
In that case, you should give a serious look at the Walnut and Zishan players and stop giving Xduoo your money for players like the X3 (plays too fast) and X10 (battery failures). :)
The X3 plays too slow actually :p

I'll take a look at the walnut and zishan players. I'm very happy with my N5ii now, quite a big improvement from the X10. Beats the FiiO X5iii and Hidizs AP200 by a step in terms of sound and is a bit better than the AK70ii

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,744 of 1,751
I finally picked up the X10T transport. I've been curious about it for a long time. Well, not only does it not have gapless playback, but it also cuts off the beginning of each track like some of the older budget Chinese players! Yet another piece of useless garbage from Xduoo. Seriously, why do we keep buying their junk?
I never understood the point of getting a transport in place a phone. I never heard any difference between devices digital out other than loudness differences.

Oct 24, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,746 of 1,751
Guys, I need help. I have an Xduuo X10. Current firmware version is v1.1.. So I found out there's a v1.12 available. I downloaded it from the chinese site which i have found the link in this thread. It did go to the firmware update, where the android is on the background with all codes continously loading. Then After a while the x10 just stopped. and went to a power off. I restarted and it is now stucked on the boot logo of x10. I can still use the reset button. Then I hold the play button so it shuts down. I tried resetting a few times and sometimes it goes to the welcome screen. I can hear the click as it goes to the wallpaper of the x10. i go to the settings to start the firmware update and the x10 just restarts. It goes to the x10 start up logo. The process starts all over again. Sometimes I can go to the settings then it hangs. I downloaded the Ingeinc Burn Tool. Followed the steps. But the Progress bar is stilll at 0%. It doesn't do anything. I hope somebody helps me out. It's so depressing right now.

Oct 25, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #1,747 of 1,751
Guys, I need help. I have an Xduuo X10. Current firmware version is v1.1.. So I found out there's a v1.12 available. I downloaded it from the chinese site which i have found the link in this thread. It did go to the firmware update, where the android is on the background with all codes continously loading. Then After a while the x10 just stopped. and went to a power off. I restarted and it is now stucked on the boot logo of x10. I can still use the reset button. Then I hold the play button so it shuts down. I tried resetting a few times and sometimes it goes to the welcome screen. I can hear the click as it goes to the wallpaper of the x10. i go to the settings to start the firmware update and the x10 just restarts. It goes to the x10 start up logo. The process starts all over again. Sometimes I can go to the settings then it hangs. I downloaded the Ingeinc Burn Tool. Followed the steps. But the Progress bar is stilll at 0%. It doesn't do anything. I hope somebody helps me out. It's so depressing right now.
Check page 101 of this thread for how-to-flash instruction and let us know the result.

Apr 8, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,748 of 1,751
Thank you so much, igor.
About X10 battery problems: After 2 years the battery of my X10 inflated to the point that the print was squeezed and I could NOT use the back and option buttons anymore.
So what to do now? As I know the power supply is very important for good sound quality I was considering the following: I never use my X10 dap while walking or cycling.
I mostly use the dap on a table in the garden with a JBL sound box or with a Koss headphone. Sometimes I use the dap in my car on the AUX input. But very often I use the X10 as an input for my hifi stereo system. Especially with high res 24 b 96k FLAC files this dap does not give any glitches or dropouts and is much better and more quiet (fanless) compared to my Sony Vaio laptop with external Musical Fidelity USB DAC.
Therefore I decided to make a major change to my X10 DAP as follows:
1. I removed the defective battery and cut off the connector including the power lines one by one in order to prevent short circuit.
2. At Aliexpress I ordered 2 NCR 18650B Li Ion batteries with a battery holder and a charger for a total of ca EUR 10,-
3. I mounted the battery holder to the back plate of the X10 with 4 small bolts M3. And I made sure the bolts were not too long because they should not touch the printed circuit board.
4. In the battery holder I switched the batteries in parallel. Thus I have a voltage of 3.7 V and a capacity of 2 × 3400= 6800 mAh !!
5. I also drilled 2 small holes in the back plate to lead the power lines into the cabinet.
6. I did solder the power lines to the tiny lines of the old power connector and did isolate the joints with shrinking foil.
Then after charging the batteries it was time for testing on my stereo system with my electrostatic Micro Seiki headphone and 24 b 96 I files.
And I must say I am very satisfied with the very clean and dynamic sound.
I am still testing but I expect the batteries to last about 24 hours continuous playing with lossless FLAC 16b 44 k CD quality and ca 12 hours continuous with 24b 96k high res files.
And when the batteries would fail after a few years I just put in a new set of 18650 batteries.
An extra advantage is that the X10 stays a lot cooler probably because there is no dissipation of a battery inside the cabinet...
I realize this is no solution for everyone but I am very satisfied with this somewhat 'nerdy' solution and I saved my X10 from the garbage dump!
I added some photo's to give you an idea of this simple solution.
20190408_213754.jpg
20190408_213912.jpg
20190408_213723.jpg

Apr 10, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #1,749 of 1,751
Another advantage of my nerdy solution with external 18650 batteries:
-The scroll wheel does turn very light now. Apparently the internal battery gave a lot of pressure on the PCB...
Very happy with this modification

Sep 7, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,750 of 1,751
I hope someone can help.

I've just bought a secondhand X10 which I'm using with a Sandisk 200gb card. It has just under 1500 flac files on it. I can play anything in folder browser, but when I go to 'My Music' browser the only view that shows songs is 'All Songs'. If I try to view by Artists, Album or Style, etc it tells me 'No File!'.

All files are tagged correctly.

Is there a solution to this?

Thanks in advance, Jason

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022 at 12:37 AM Post #1,751 of 1,751
X10 in 2022? How common is battery inflation? Audio degradation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back