Unveiled: Meet the HD 620S
May 25, 2024 at 10:52 PM Post #361 of 673
May 25, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #362 of 673
"Unveiled: Meet the HD 620S"... Ok, I (very slowly) see what you did there...

On a more serious note, very much looking forward to hearing reviews and likely picking up a pair. I love closed backs and the HD600 so seems like a set I absolutely must try...

May 25, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #363 of 673
"Unveiled: Meet the HD 620S"... Ok, I (very slowly) see what you did there...

On a more serious note, very much looking forward to hearing reviews and likely picking up a pair. I love closed backs and the HD600 so seems like a set I absolutely must try...
I didn't think it would take 361 posts 😎 Indeed, this one has much more presence than the others in the 600 family, so it only felt appropriate to pull an Uno reverse on my pals in the community after 20 years of hearing the "V" word 🤣

Last edited:
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 25, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #364 of 673
I didn't think it would take 361 posts 😎 Indeed, this one has much more presence than the others in the 600 family, so it only felt appropriate to pull an Uno reverse on my pals in the community after 20 years of hearing the "U" word 🤣

Wow.

Too subtle for us head-fiers, I suppose!

May 25, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #365 of 673
I didn't think it would take 361 posts 😎 Indeed, this one has much more presence than the others in the 600 family, so it only felt appropriate to pull an Uno reverse on my pals in the community after 20 years of hearing the "U" word 🤣
Definitely no veil here. They're quite clear and resolving. The bass is just a touch stiff, but nothing major considering the price. And I'm one of those burn in heretics, I do believe it might loosen up a bit. Time will tell. But I know for sure I instantly liked them. Even if nothing changes going forward, they have a nice clear, slightly warm but agreeable tuning that is so easy to listen to. Nothing is standing out in a bad way. No treble spikes or excessive roll offs. Just a nice agreeable tuning. Well done. Looking forward to sitting down with it and the 600/650/660S2. Should be fun!

May 26, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #366 of 673
That is great to hear! Super stoked to get these on my ears (even though the HD600 is still one of my most used cans despite various multiples in price being spent on others!).

Looking forward to hearing them, a d thanks for all the responsiveness and insights in this thread - super helpful!

May 26, 2024 at 4:07 AM Post #367 of 673
May 26, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #368 of 673

Definitely no veil here. They're quite clear and resolving. The bass is just a touch stiff, but nothing major considering the price. And I'm one of those burn in heretics, I do believe it might loosen up a bit. Time will tell. But I know for sure I instantly liked them. Even if nothing changes going forward, they have a nice clear, slightly warm but agreeable tuning that is so easy to listen to. Nothing is standing out in a bad way. No treble spikes or excessive roll offs. Just a nice agreeable tuning. Well done. Looking forward to sitting down with it and the 600/650/660S2. Should be fun!

I did not think it was subtle but I have never subscribed to that viewpoint (context: HD600, 2008 purchase, also have HD540 original, HD580 og and HD800 og). Look forward to getting ears on the 620S. I did not think the HD600 needs 'more presence' but doing something about the bass roll off is a good move

May 26, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #369 of 673
How's the bass here? I have a pair of Sennheiser HD700 & HD800S in which I'm quite satisfied with their bass response where jazz and rock is concerned but am also looking to find a good pair of phones with a bit more bass for my EDM side of the house.

And just FYI, while I acknowledge the Sennheiser HD800S (and HD700) aren't bass monsters, I'm never going to be in the "they don't have bass" camp because they do, it's just not hard hitting, but for jazz and rock, plenty. Even good enough for some EDM. That said, in this instance I'm looking for something fun there. Supposedly the new Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro X LE phones, which I'm also looking at, can deliver here.

May 26, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #371 of 673
How's the bass here? I have a pair of Sennheiser HD700 & HD800S in which I'm quite satisfied with their bass response where jazz and rock is concerned but am also looking to find a good pair of phones with a bit more bass for my EDM side of the house.

And just FYI, while I acknowledge the Sennheiser HD800S (and HD700) aren't bass monsters, I'm never going to be in the "they don't have bass" camp because they do, it's just not hard hitting, but for jazz and rock, plenty. Even good enough for some EDM. That said, in this instance I'm looking for something fun there. Supposedly the new Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro X LE phones, which I'm also looking at, can deliver here.
It’s still early on and I’m learning the unit still, but the bass is definitely higher in quantity than those headphones. I just don’t feel confident yet analyzing the nuances of it, it’s still too new to me. Once I’m confident I know enough I’ll come back to this with a more comprehensive answer.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #372 of 673
It’s still early on and I’m learning the unit still, but the bass is definitely higher in quantity than those headphones. I just don’t feel confident yet analyzing the nuances of it, it’s still too new to me. Once I’m confident I know enough I’ll come back to this with a more comprehensive answer.
Thanks.

BTW, I don't see the HD620 replacing the (my) HD800S, but I do see them fulfilling a need where you want a "bass" headphone for certain genres. But that assumes the 620S has that type of bass. Still considering the $199-dollar Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro X phones that purpose as well.

May 27, 2024 at 2:05 PM Post #373 of 673
Hey all! Two quick things:

1. we just posted the Head Gear page here.
  2. I've been testing the in-line mic cable (Part number 572281) with the HD 620S. It adds a mic and push button to your setup.
The mic works great for video calls and quick voice memos while you're in the flow. It's almost 4 feet long (1.2m) and terminates to 3.5mm. It can be used with any single-sided 500 series with the twist-lock connector (Example: HD 595, HD 558, HD 560S). The button functionality will depend on the source hardware and possibly any associated app.

A few pics are attached, showing the inlet and button. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20240527_131531.jpg
    20240527_131531.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240527_131528.jpg
    20240527_131528.jpg
    627.2 KB · Views: 0
Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 27, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #374 of 673
Hey all! Two quick things:

1. we just posted the Head Gear page here.
  2. I've been testing the in-line mic cable (Part number 572281) with the HD 620S. It adds a mic and push button to your setup.
The mic works great for video calls and quick voice memos while you're in the flow. It's almost 4 feet long (1.2m) and terminates to 3.5mm. It can be used with any single-sided 500 series with the twist-lock connector (Example: HD 595, HD 558, HD 560S). The button functionality will depend on the source hardware and possibly any associated app.

A few pics are attached, showing the inlet and button. Cheers!
Excellent stuff. Will this cable be offered inside the box? :wink:

May 27, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #375 of 673
And yet... why did they insert iron into the headband in 620? After all, the 560 headband was already normal.
I'd love to buy a 620 with a headband like the 560. I've learned to tame the 560's "miracle clamp.")

A little more expensive than the 560s and these would be super headphones...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back