Universals Modded with Recable or Removable Cables! ***Sony MH1 Recable added! (Fischer Audio DBA-02, Brainwavz B2, UM3X, Sleek Audio)
May 14, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #46 of 68
I hate to bring up a necro thread. But I need to make myself a removable cable for my Baldur I just purchased for my DIY Custom IEM.  How were you able to make the female plug in for the cable???  The two little connectors are so small.

Brian actually was able to source westone compatible pins and sockets. You can purchase Shure pins and sockets on eBay. I was never able to find the westone compatible pins and sockets.

May 14, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #47 of 68
Quote:
Quote:
I hate to bring up a necro thread. But I need to make myself a removable cable for my Baldur I just purchased for my DIY Custom IEM.  How were you able to make the female plug in for the cable???  The two little connectors are so small.

Brian actually was able to source westone compatible pins and sockets. You can purchase Shure pins and sockets on eBay. I was never able to find the westone compatible pins and sockets.

Yeah you totally inspired me! haha.  I am going to do shure removable cables with the top baldur cable.  I'm not familiar with how MMCX works.  Do both wires from the driver get soldered on to the single solder point?

May 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #49 of 68
Quote:

You can get westone compatiable pins here: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=1981

Says there for TF10 etc, but there for UE custom / westone etc as the pins are too wide for the TF's

May 15, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #50 of 68
Question about Westone cables: is there a correct orientation for the plug in the socket? Seems to fit the same either way, and sound quality doesn't change for these old ears. That is surprising since full-size speakers need to maintain polarity left versus right.

May 16, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #51 of 68
Great job on the removable cables. I've been looking at possible headphone upgrades, but want removable cables, so this gives even more options if a mod can be done 
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #55 of 68
I'm loving the Westone EPICS MIC cable on my DBA-02's:

http://westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/products/epic-mics-cable.html

Brian adapted a Shure cable with Westone connectors for me, but that managed to reduce the bass somehow - not a good thing to happen with DBA's! He makes very nice custom cables, but doesn't do the mic/remote thing. Also, the Westone built-in ear wires are pretty nice and not obtrusive at all.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #56 of 68
Quote:
I'm loving the Westone EPICS MIC cable on my DBA-02's:
http://westonemusicproducts.com/music/index.php/products/epic-mics-cable.html
Brian adapted a Shure cable with Westone connectors for me, but that managed to reduce the bass somehow - not a good thing to happen with DBA's! He makes very nice custom cables, but doesn't do the mic/remote thing. Also, the Westone built-in ear wires are pretty nice and not obtrusive at all.

Lol, I'm still not sure why the modded shure cable even did that. Luckily I don't splice anymore and Westone Epic Mic cables work great. I've been recommending them to all of my customers should they want more functionality than the Sunrise CIEM cable audio only cable.

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #60 of 68
I would go with a good quality copper one to try and eek out a little more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back