Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #3,526 of 3,931
Quote:

I was in a similiar position with my 530 x 3. Have a good think about the price difference between the remould + artwork + extra drivers and a set of new Miracles. You will get all new drivers and a full warranty.. If one of your original TF10 drivers fails after the upgrade, then i would not think that UM would accept any responsibility.

Good advice.

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #3,529 of 3,931
Quote:

I was in a similiar position with my 530 x 3. Have a good think about the price difference between the remould + artwork + extra drivers and a set of new Miracles. You will get all new drivers and a full warranty.. If one of your original TF10 drivers fails after the upgrade, then i would not think that UM would accept any responsibility.

Quote:

Good advice.

The price difference is almost 500$,  949$ vs 469$. Besides, I guess the cost for 2 driver upgrade would be lower than a full 6 driver's upgrade. Am i wrong? You got a point about warranty, though.
I'd love to get a pair of Miracle but their price is 2/3 of my monthly income, hardly affordable right now... :\

@whoever

Italian customs can keep packages for weeks, so I guess 24h is a very short time for any custom worldwide...

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #3,531 of 3,931
In my case it was an extra 3 sets of drivers, so fair point about the price difference. I suppose the warranty issue is valid with all remoulds. It is still a great way to break into custom IEM ownership though. 

They found a fault in one of my SE530 drivers while they were adding the extra 3 drivers. That would have added another $100 to the overall price. This was starting to get very close to the Miracle price. UM Aus offered me a slight discount on the Miracles, which pushed me over the edge.
smile.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:30 AM Post #3,533 of 3,931
Quote:
Nope not really, mine took about 1-2 days to go through customs!

should i be worried? Mine is there since the 24th if tracking is accurate. Is it possible that tracking is not updated? 
I'm getting paranoïd....

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3,534 of 3,931
Quote:
should i be worried? Mine is there since the 24th if tracking is accurate. Is it possible that tracking is not updated? 
I'm getting paranoïd....

It's likely that tracking is not updated.

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #3,535 of 3,931
Its funny: even being experienced with shipping throughout the entire world, and very familiar with the tracking issues, I never get used to it!

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #3,536 of 3,931
Quote:
In my case it was an extra 3 sets of drivers, so fair point about the price difference. I suppose the warranty issue is valid with all remoulds. It is still a great way to break into custom IEM ownership though. 

They found a fault in one of my SE530 drivers while they were adding the extra 3 drivers. That would have added another $100 to the overall price. This was starting to get very close to the Miracle price. UM Aus offered me a slight discount on the Miracles, which pushed me over the edge.
smile.gif

I see... they know how to tempt customers :)

Jan 28, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #3,537 of 3,931
Well I'm quite happy! Just got it back, although I was not informed by anyone, in my opinion, they look ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! Spent 10 minutes figuring out how they went in my ear, etc, and the fit was quite good, but I feel that the left earpiece is poking the side of my ear canal, not so sure if that is normal. Currently I do not have a cable with me, so I can't really explain if the sound changed or not.. I don't have permission to post pictures yet, and think the iPhone 4 (no S) camera can not justify the sheer beauty of the reshell.. Shall post even more impressions soon.

Thought they would ship by fedex express, but receieved the package in EMS? But who cares, got the reshell back. 

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,539 of 3,931
Quote:
Any pictures available of a set with the crystal jade faceplates? Quite curious to see what it looks like. 

Quite curious too! Maybe you should go ask Stephen, or the custom-iem website, they got this new CIEM designer thing.

On a side note, I was really impressed by his awesome customer service, due to the fact that it is my first time doing reshell, as well as my first time shipping something overseas, he was really quite patient with me throughout the entire process!

Jan 29, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3,540 of 3,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back