Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #2,521 of 3,931
Get the Aero and keep the Superfi for backup or sell the Superfi and get money back.  Assuming the Aero is the sound signature for you.

Apr 19, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #2,522 of 3,931

Just got my E5c reshelled in full black + added driver, they sound fantastic!

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #2,524 of 3,931

Quote:
Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinions. I've got a pair of UE Super.Fi 5 Pros, and i'm thinking of upgrading. Would I be better off getting them reshelled by UM and an extra driver added (I got quoted $350 for reshell+add driver+cable, not including impressions, getting the UM Aero (bit pissed off, they had a special last week for them for $419, now they've gone back up to $550) or spending the bulk of that money towards a new set of Universals and sell my SF5pros to recoup some of the cost (I reckon I could probably get maybe ~$100ish for them?).... would be looking at mid to high range univerals, still don't know what yet.

How do the reshelled+extra drivers added compare to the Aero, and then how do they compare to mid to high end universals?

Probably going to go UM since they have an Australian branch and from what i've read seem to be pretty awesome.

Thanks guys :)

If it was me, I'd go the reshell.

I'm about to get my TF10s reshelled with an extra driver.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #2,525 of 3,931
Pretty much, I need to get used to it though. Slightly rough... But it sounds excellent! e5c in general is pretty moody sounding phones but added high driver and dedicated mid driver, took whole spectrum to another level. Sure its not as bassy as it was before but I am not into bass that much anyway :)
Quote:

How do you find the fit?  Snug and secure but comfortable?

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #2,526 of 3,931

Quote:
Pretty much, I need to get used to it though. Slightly rough... But it sounds excellent! e5c in general is pretty moody sounding phones but added high driver and dedicated mid driver, took whole spectrum to another level. Sure its not as bassy as it was before but I am not into bass that much anyway :)

Rough?  As in the shells are rough?

I've heard the UE canals are longer and bigger than the UM canals but just interested to know if the UM shells lock in nice and secure (not loose) and go right down into the ear but aren't uncomfortable.  Just wondering if I should ask for a mixture between the UM and UE tips.

EDIT: Ignore the comment above - see UM Aus reply below. :)

Good to hear you're happy with the sound.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #2,527 of 3,931
Yeah, well. this is my first custom phone so, I would not be able to compare but in comparison with shure foams they are rough. it goes deep enough and locks in nicely. Isolation is excellent.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:11 AM Post #2,528 of 3,931
We're not too sure where that rumor started, but perhaps some people that use UM customs can vouch for the snugness of fit. If anything our tips are ever so slightly shorter than other manufacturers. We most definitely do not make loose customs though. If you have this issue, contact us for a re-fit!

There is no "UM" tip and "UE" tip. If you are in anyway unsatisfied with the fit of your customs rest assured, we'll fix it.

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #2,529 of 3,931
Mine in perfect, cant vouche for others...

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #2,530 of 3,931
Mine in perfect, cant vouche for others...

Thanks buddy!

A quick tip for anyone out there thinking of organising a set of customs, remember, it all comes down to IMPRESSIONS!

Get GOOD Impressions!
Take OPEN MOUTH Impressions.
We recommend you get a professional impression.

This helps us do our job...so please. get good impressions!

Apr 19, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #2,531 of 3,931

Absolutly love sound of my reshells. powerfull bass, excellent mids and sparkly highs!

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #2,532 of 3,931

Quote:
We're not too sure where that rumor started, but perhaps some people that use UM customs can vouch for the snugness of fit. If anything our tips are ever so slightly shorter than other manufacturers. We most definitely do not make loose customs though. If you have this issue, contact us for a re-fit!

There is no "UM" tip and "UE" tip. If you are in anyway unsatisfied with the fit of your customs rest assured, we'll fix it.

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. :wink:

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #2,533 of 3,931
My reshells of the CK100 have arrived today and I could not be happier! Love the look and finish I choose. I have to say that the service here in Aus was superb; had all my emails and inquiries answered timely and courteously. I know where to go for my next purchase! Here are a couple pf pics.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #2,534 of 3,931
How does reshelled ck100 sound? I am thinking of reshelling my girlfriends almost torn appart ck10?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back