Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #2,461 of 3,931
After a week I took a couple shots of my remolded TF10x4:

full black, simple artwork. The cable is the Beat Audio Aurora. I'm really satisfied with them, build quality is very good apart from the plastic pipe inside the shell which is not perfectly rounded and it's different between the two IEMs.

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,463 of 3,931

Hey mate! Nice artwork. I saw your iem's on the unique melody facebook page. They look fabtastic. Mine are coming tomorrow as the fed ex shipping says lets see how it goes.
Cheers
Quote:

full black, simple artwork. The cable is the Beat Audio Aurora. I'm really satisfied with them, build quality is very good apart from the plastic pipe inside the shell which is not perfectly rounded and it's different between the two IEMs.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #2,464 of 3,931
Thank you! I didn't notice they put them on facebook. :D

Fed-ex is blazing fast, 3 days from China to my door... amazing!

Quote:
Hey mate! Nice artwork. I saw your iem's on the unique melody facebook page. They look fabtastic. Mine are coming tomorrow as the fed ex shipping says lets see how it goes.
Cheers

Mar 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #2,468 of 3,931
So from the day you send in your IEMS + impressions, roughly how long did it take for UM to send back your customs?
Is it normal for them to take more than 2 months?

Mar 30, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #2,469 of 3,931

Quote:
So from the day you send in your IEMS + impressions, roughly how long did it take for UM to send back your customs?
Is it normal for them to take more than 2 months?

I sent my half-working um3x and impressions to UM Australia on March 2nd... they sent it to China March 4th. UM China then sent it back to Australia 2 weeks later, then UM Australia sent it back to me and arrived yesterday.

Is 2 months normal?... not quite sure, but UM Australia told me on average it should take about 4 to 6 weeks when I asked them how long it'd take to get the job done.

Btw... Matt from UM Australia has been very helpfull with answering all my inquiries and I would recommend him to any Aussies who wanted to get UM monitors, he'll look after you :)

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #2,470 of 3,931
A while back... when remolds used to cost $90, I sent in my super.fi 5 pros for a remold with additonal drivers, making it a 3 way. low-mid-high.

Sadly the casing cracked, and now I want to send it back for a remold...but I'm tempted at adding another driver to make it 4 way.
But the thing I wanted was to tighten up the bass - making it 2low-1mid-1high.

But after email exchanges with Stephen Guo, he tells me that the configuration can only be done so it comes out as 1low-1mid-2highs.
Is this true? I am curious as to why the configuration cannot be fitted to have an additional low driver instead of a high.

Should I consider taking the additional high driver? Will it balance out the sound more in dividing up the spectrum more? 0.o

Mar 31, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #2,471 of 3,931
From what I understand, the SF5 is made up of a low/mid driver and a high driver. I also know that for my TF10s had the option of adding a mid or 2mids 2highs. This is probably because of the dual low drivers that TF10s is encasing. SF5s has only one. (probably 1 big one). It could be 1 of 2 things. They probably dont want to get rid of the entire low driver and replace it with theirs. Technically this would be a 2 driver upgrade (replacement of both lows). Or the cross over can't be matched up with the pre-existing SF5 low driver. Would I do the upgrade? Personally, no. I kind of like the sound sig of UE IEMs. Reshelling it changes it one fold. The lows is a big focus for UE headphones. Get TF10s and upgrade those.

Mar 31, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #2,472 of 3,931
Im getting my triple fi remoulded + 2 drivers but is from another company in china ,at the end i'll have 2 lows,2mids,1 high aparantly it will have same highs as ue11,same mids and lows as jh13 .I'll post impressions within a month which is when they'll come back

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #2,473 of 3,931

Quote:
I sent my half-working um3x and impressions to UM Australia on March 2nd... they sent it to China March 4th. UM China then sent it back to Australia 2 weeks later, then UM Australia sent it back to me and arrived yesterday.

Is 2 months normal?... not quite sure, but UM Australia told me on average it should take about 4 to 6 weeks when I asked them how long it'd take to get the job done.

Btw... Matt from UM Australia has been very helpfull with answering all my inquiries and I would recommend him to any Aussies who wanted to get UM monitors, he'll look after you :)

Possible to have a look at the frequency chart of your reshelled um3x?

Mar 31, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #2,475 of 3,931
Absolutely beautiful - I really like the simple design you chose. Looks amazing! I thought i was set on getting dark, transparent blue, but I don't know, the black with a graphic just looks so damned sharp. I also really like the completely transparent clear, but i think with my TF10's it will look too 'boring'

I have a question: is sam still responding to inquires at: Kabang567@hotmail.com?

Also, despite reading through maybe 40 pages of this thread, I didn't see anyone have any comments comparing the TF10 with the extra driver versus without? I'm wondering if this is a good idea or if it is going to go against what the UE engineers designed? (I know it will sound different, but will it sound better
normal_smile .gif
)

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back