Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #2,431 of 3,931
5 weeks? are you serious? for what? My package got in China within couple of days, how can it take 5 freaking weeks?

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #2,436 of 3,931
pheew... i came back home and the delivery man was about to go away...perfect timing! :O

Anyway, i took my remolded TF10 and they're veeeeery good. Awesome build quality and also the custom artwork I asked for is worth the price, it just lacks a little in brightness.

I'm going to test them in the next few days, for now it seems to me that the extra mid driver took away something... maybe the overall result is a little less wider than before... but onestly I was without listening my TF10 since January ( and my memory sucks ) so probably i just need more time to find "that" feeling again.

Maybe there's also a burn-in time ( considering the additional driver ) but I'm just guessing... 

@castlevania32

I'm using a standard TF10 cable and it fits perfectly. I've tried also with a custom cable ( null-audio like ) and it goes straight in.

Mar 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #2,437 of 3,931

Quote:
5 weeks? are you serious? for what? My package got in China within couple of days, how can it take 5 freaking weeks?

It doesn't take 5 weeks to take a package to get to China. The typical turnaround time for UM to complete your product and ship it has been around 4-5 weeks from what I've seen.

Mar 21, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #2,438 of 3,931
I paid the $29 for mine to get there in about 5 business days...I'm anxiously awaiting my investment!

Mar 22, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #2,439 of 3,931
My payment has been sent so my wallet is not happy right not :T However I think it will be worth the wait and the wait begins.

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2,440 of 3,931
Hey guys

Thinking of taking the plunge soon but need to decide on colours.   I probably won't get artwork cos it'll take me too long to decide on something.

Anyway, I don't want a bright colour so I'm thinking just a white clear or a grey/black clear. What do you think?

Mar 23, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #2,441 of 3,931

Quote:
Hey guys

Thinking of taking the plunge soon but need to decide on colours.   I probably won't get artwork cos it'll take me too long to decide on something.

Anyway, I don't want a bright colour so I'm thinking just a white clear or a grey/black clear. What do you think?

Hi. I've ordered mine with a titanium faceplate, the left earphone clear and the right black clear, no artwork. It will be a few weeks before I get the final product though, so I can't post any photos yet. There are quite a few on this site (that's where I saw the titanium finish for the faceplate).

Mar 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #2,442 of 3,931
Hey people I just got mine after 5 weeks. Fit is tighter on the right.. Will give it a week to decide on a refit.. I'll take photos and scan the frequency chart in a bit.

Here's a very serious question for long time owners of um customs and remolds as well as the um reps here. How durable are your sockets? It was one helluva effort to plug it my cable. I'm wondering if I make a balanced cable and switch out between single ended and balanced often will I wear out the sockets to the point plugs won't fit tightly after a while. Only reason why I would swap cables is when my amp runs out of batt when I'm out i'd swap and use the iPod or iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back