Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #2,401 of 3,931

Quote:
gosh... that was crushed really hard... seems like they put something really heavy on it... at least UM's gonna compensate you, even if is DHL fault... I'm afraid for my tf10 now °_°

Yes but the thing is the UM lab asked me to put the custom value lower so if i had not done that I would have got the compensation. But a £10 cheque is on it way now but imo tf10 are priceless :frowning2:

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #2,403 of 3,931

Quote:

Yes but the thing is the UM lab asked me to put the custom value lower so if i had not done that I would have got the compensation. But a £10 cheque is on it way now but imo tf10 are priceless :frowning2:

tf10 are priceless but custom fees are really expensive...usually the risk is worth it... but UM's gonna compensate you, right?

Quote:
Quote:
Which cable are you using?

Just the standard 54" UM cable

Thanks! :)

Mar 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #2,404 of 3,931
I schedule an appt for an audiologist for tomorrow so will be getting that done and then ship them off as well as my livewires to see their 6 driver custom and if I like it maybe I'll get one of the higher end customs like a Miracle or something else from another manufacturer.

I was told 6 weeks since I'm dealing with UM Australia since their English is better esp when asking of more technical stuff and I'd rather ship to Australia than China so I have to wait a bit longer for them to ship it to China.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #2,405 of 3,931
Why not order it through custom-iem.com? Stephen's english is good and I think you would get the same info from him as from UM Australia. Also, it took exactly 1 month for my customs to arrive at my house from when I sent my impressions (from PA), and I sent them directly to China with the cheapest shipping possible. Then again, it probably takes more time to do a reshell + added drivers. I can see why you would send it to Australia first though for security reasons.

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:06 PM Post #2,406 of 3,931
His english is better than Sam but still not as good as those from UM Australia. I also rather ship to Australia than China and they have already been very helpful so I have no issues ordering through them. I also got a better price.

I just need to decide on colors now :)

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #2,408 of 3,931
That is exactly what I am doing. I have always wanted to get something done by UM either one of their own customs or an upgrade and it was only a matter of time as my Livewires does not fit very well. I had to find out some more details which is what made going through UM Aus a better idea. I already like what I am hearing from them and if UM can improve on them and make them bigger then that should bode well for me. It should be more about signature at this point and I already know I like them and may one day get the Miracle but need some more opinions on them. I also get an idea of what a custom UM is capable of and compare it to an entry level one like the other custom I have.

As for color I am thinking of translucent blue/green or just get clear with those colors on the faceplates but I'll decide by the end of today.

Mar 10, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #2,410 of 3,931
You should request a flush socket to ensure TWAG cable fitment.

Flush sockets are default on Re-shells to ensure socket compatibility.

We are exploring other socket options for recessed connections and will let you and head-fi know asap.

Quote:
hi, got a question here.

After UM reshelled your iem, what kinda socket do they use for connection of cables?

If I wanna use the twag cables, what socket should I tell them to use?

Mar 10, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #2,411 of 3,931

Quote:
You should request a flush socket to ensure TWAG cable fitment.

Flush sockets are default on Re-shells to ensure socket compatibility.

We are exploring other socket options for recessed connections and will let you and head-fi know asap.

how about the connecting pins for the twag?

Which pin fits better? westone or JH pins?

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #2,412 of 3,931
The pins should be the same no?

Also I've gone to the audiologist and went to the post office to send them to Australia. Here comes my 2 month or so wait as the way I shipped should get there in a week or two and i was told a 6 week wait so 2 months should be pretty accurate.

Mar 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #2,413 of 3,931

Also I've gone to the audiologist and went to the post office to send them to Australia. Here comes my 2 month or so wait as the way I shipped should get there in a week or two and i was told a 6 week wait so 2 months should be pretty accurate.

Your in good hands with UM Aus. They have been receptive to my queries and requests

Mar 10, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #2,414 of 3,931
I'm not worried really. They have been great in answering my many questions and being patient with my order although they had no choice in that matter :p I got enough to get me by for the next 2 months or so as well in my customs and in a few weeks I'll have a bunch of universals to play with. My Livewires did not fit very well anyway so wasn't using them as much as I would have liked despite liking their signature quite a bit.

Mar 10, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #2,415 of 3,931

If they are the same then why do ppl specify which pIns they prefer when they purchase the twag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back