Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #2,176 of 3,931
Ok..so im going to go with the 2-1-1 upgrade.  Looks like on the website, you dont get any cables for the $279 price????  So i need to pay an additional $59 for cables [dont have the website up, but i think those # are close]  I hear a lot of people talk about the null audio cales...so should i buy those instead and send them with the tf-10 to have um make them with those cables????  Just looking for some cable advice....and not high $$$ advice.  Thanks

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #2,177 of 3,931
I sent my Triple.fi's (pre amazon deal) two weeks ago and am thinking they will arrive there soon.  Now I am starting to question my decision not to add an extra driver.  I know there are lots of people on this thread who say it should be added.... How stupid would I be to spend all this money and not go ahead and add the extra driver?

Also, if I wanted to use UE custom cables at sometime, could I use them if I got the universal UM slot?  The email from UM says "our um sockets are available for ue custom cable."  What does this mean?  I was under the impression that I should get the UM slot which allows all other cables but not UE cables because if I got the slot that allows for UE cables, I would only be able to use UE cables, right?  (sounds like a seriously stupid question, I know)

The new version of UE custom cables looks awesome bcz it has that little angle put in so they don't stick out so far.  I might be interested in trying those, but I do like the ES cable from Westone.  UE makes their pins too short for other slots, is that the deal?

Believe it or not, I have read almost all of this thread but that was 3 months ago before I sent my headphones.  If anyone can answer my two questions, I would be greatful.  1) stupid to not add an extra driver? 2 )which slot?

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #2,179 of 3,931
MaoDi

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #2,181 of 3,931

Quote:
I sent my Triple.fi's (pre amazon deal) two weeks ago and am thinking they will arrive there soon.  Now I am starting to question my decision not to add an extra driver.  I know there are lots of people on this thread who say it should be added.... How stupid would I be to spend all this money and not go ahead and add the extra driver?

Also, if I wanted to use UE custom cables at sometime, could I use them if I got the universal UM slot?  The email from UM says "our um sockets are available for ue custom cable."  What does this mean?  I was under the impression that I should get the UM slot which allows all other cables but not UE cables because if I got the slot that allows for UE cables, I would only be able to use UE cables, right?  (sounds like a seriously stupid question, I know)

The new version of UE custom cables looks awesome bcz it has that little angle put in so they don't stick out so far.  I might be interested in trying those, but I do like the ES cable from Westone.  UE makes their pins too short for other slots, is that the deal?

Believe it or not, I have read almost all of this thread but that was 3 months ago before I sent my headphones.  If anyone can answer my two questions, I would be greatful.  1) stupid to not add an extra driver? 2 )which slot?

Mid driver vs no mid driver:
http://assets.head-fi.org/b/b9/525x525px-LL-b97d7916_vbattach28936.jpg
http://emissionshandel.pytalhost.com/Sounds/CX300-SE530-UE10tripleFi.png

I reckon go for the mid driver.

I also want to know if the new UE custom cables can be used, because the angling is very smart.

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #2,182 of 3,931
Ok... I reckon you are right... thanks for the info!  I emailed UM.  My bank accounts hates you and your little jpegs.

Dec 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #2,183 of 3,931
Woo-hoo, My TF10's have arived at UM, unfortunatley as I feared the chewed up pair is not useable. So they will need to use my good pair. So i sent a Paypal this morning, I went ahead and ordered a cableaswell. Now all I have to do is to wait, hopefully I can get my TF18's back before january. I am now really starting to worry if the fit will be good, as shipping is quite a lot more than i had barganed for.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #2,184 of 3,931
Can any body help me with cable Q??  I want to send my triple fi's in as soon as they arrive [this week].....shoudl i order the lune cables or go with the UM cables......I assume if i go with lune cables i need to include them with my impresions and the triple fi's???  Thanks..need to know so i can get ready to ship.

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #2,185 of 3,931
Lune cable accepts the standard UE connection. Just tell them what slot you want.

It's just an expensive cable with decent microphonics, might as well get an ES cable.

I'm not a cable believer (I believe element CAN make a difference though, read on to see why) but when I made a silver cable for my SF5pro, I could have sworn it made a difference. Whether psychological or real, it was pretty nice.

Having said that, I wouldn't use anything other than an ES cable for any iem. If I had the choice, I'd be 50/50 between the ES or CK100 cable for everything. If the lune cable can come close in ergonomics and build (not possible with that diy plug), then go for it.

edit: UM Australia ships to China every 1st and 3rd Friday of each month, so I've got until a few days before Christmas Eve to decide what to do (most likely TF10x4) and get impressions. My TF10 should be here by the 9th so I've got about 2 weeks.

Dec 5, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #2,186 of 3,931
I want to write some positive feedback for UM.

In early August, I sent my Ortofon eQ7s to UM for remolding. First trial in the world. They came back in mid September, but unfortunately they were unbalanced. I thought it would be my ears, so I got checked my ears and they were fine so I've sent my Ortofons back to UM.

After some time, they said they tried but they cant fix the problem. I was worried a lot because of losing my IEM.

But it really turned out well, thanks to UM, we agreed on me paying more and getting UM Mages. Happy ending.

Dec 5, 2010 at 6:46 AM Post #2,187 of 3,931

Quote:
I want to write some positive feedback for UM.

In early August, I sent my Ortofon eQ7s to UM for remolding. First trial in the world. They came back in mid September, but unfortunately they were unbalanced. I thought it would be my ears, so I got checked my ears and they were fine so I've sent my Ortofons back to UM.

After some time, they said they tried but they cant fix the problem. I was worried a lot because of losing my IEM.

But it really turned out well, thanks to UM, we agreed on me paying more and getting UM Mages. Happy ending.

wow, from a eq7 to mage??? thats a very big jump!

thumbs up
biggthumpup1.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #2,188 of 3,931
I paid the difference
wink.gif

But soundwise, I hope it would be. I am very curious about how they compare to SM3s.

Quote:
wow, from a eq7 to mage??? thats a very big jump!

thumbs up
biggthumpup1.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #2,189 of 3,931
I am getting an impression done this weekend... then it will be on the way to UM for a Mage. Definitely excited!

Dec 5, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #2,190 of 3,931
edit- page wasnt refreshed- question already answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back