Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #1,831 of 3,931
Hey has the quality of UM gone down? I;ve been following this thread and seen all kinds of things from "unsymmetrical positioning or drivers" to "inner face plate scratches" I was going to send back my customs for a remould, but see-ing these things REALLY worry me

Jul 28, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #1,832 of 3,931
Hi All
Quick question. I've got my UM Custom SE530s back. Workmanship and finish are excellent. I've got a problem. I have got some UE Super-Fi series cable lying around and the connections not stable using this. Are the Super-Fi cables compatible with custom moulded ones or not. As far as I could see the shells are perfect. Please advise me whether to go for a proper custom cable or is there something else I could do about this.
Cheers....

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #1,833 of 3,931
Get a Westone ES or UE Custom cable.  The plug configuration of the non custom UE cable is slightly different.  It looks like you could file it to make it work, or replace the plugs with new custom plugs, but it is probably easier to just to get a proper cable.

I'm running mine with the UE Custom cable.  The cable is basically the same as the Westone ES cable, but the memory wire is slightly longer.

-john

Jul 28, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #1,835 of 3,931

I just got this email from UM:

New product and new address.

"Dear friends,
Thanks for your favorite our UM products and service!we are try our best to provide more excellent products .
Now we are releasing our flagship six drivers custom UM Miracle!and accepting the orders !
[...]
Please note the new address of the sheet  because we have moved to new workship!
Regards,
UM"

Jul 28, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #1,836 of 3,931

Quote:
Pictures!?

:)

-john

Hey John

Thanks for responding. I'll post beautiful pics tomorrow and I've ordered a proper custom UE cable and should be here tomorrow.
beerchug.gif

Ven

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #1,837 of 3,931
I haven't seen much talk (or interest really) in the triple driver Aero model, but UM is sending me a universal loaner pair for review. I'll post my thoughts after I've had some time to spend with them.

I didn't see it posted yet, but has anyone seen custom-iem.com yet? It says they are the North American distributer of UM, and it is much easier to navigate than the semi-English UM website. The owner Stephen speaks excellent English and is very helpful. I'm hoping at some point they can provide a local mailing address for us to send our impressions to, so we are not each spending a ton on overseas shipping.

Jul 28, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #1,838 of 3,931

IIRC, they posted in this thread and then the posts disappeared.  I don't know if that meant they are making incorrect claims about being an exclusive distributer, or if they simply ran afoul of the rules on head-fi. 

I'd tread with caution.

-john

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #1,839 of 3,931

Quote:

IIRC, they posted in this thread and then the posts disappeared.  I don't know if that meant they are making incorrect claims about being an exclusive distributer, or if they simply ran afoul of the rules on head-fi. 

I'd tread with caution.

-john

Hmmm they seemed legit during my dealings but if I find out anything suspicious I'll post it here. I bet they got in trouble for "spamming" the forum, which around here means advertising your own site for free. I totally understand why that is not allowed.

Jul 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #1,840 of 3,931
You could always just email Sam and find out if that's a distributor or not. The posts most likely got deleted for spam and not being a MOT.

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:28 AM Post #1,845 of 3,931
Yes, I did get an email.

Quick and stupid question. Which way should I insert the pins. I could see the top one in copper color and the bottom one in green. I believe the copper one corresponds to the positive and green to the ground channel or is it the other way. If I do it the other way then the signal would be out of phase.

Cheers....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back