Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #1,756 of 3,931
Now to end this saga, I have just been contacted by UM in the friendliest terms and asked to return my pair of JH13 Pro for inspection which is nice and I appreciate. Depending on JH's answer, I will make a decision in the near future.

Jun 17, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #1,757 of 3,931
Out of interest, what have people written on the little green "customs declaration" that gets pasted to the package that's posted to UM?

I'm tempted to put "Earphones - for repair" as description, and a value of 0.

Jun 18, 2010 at 4:46 PM Post #1,760 of 3,931
I just received my TF10 remolds, and they look/feel great!

I have a quick question about connecting the stock UE cable - should the raised line + L/R text face outwards or inwards (when the phones are inserted)? What about the Westone ES cable (on order)?

Jun 19, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,761 of 3,931

Quote:
Now to end this saga, I have just been contacted by UM in the friendliest terms and asked to return my pair of JH13 Pro for inspection which is nice and I appreciate. Depending on JH's answer, I will make a decision in the near future.

Interesting to hear how this turns out.  I've had a similar problem getting my used JH13s done with Fisher.  They came back off.  Sent them back to fisher, they came back one on, one still off.  I'm hoping to finally, finally (after 3 months) get them back and have them perfect. As far as I know, JH will NEVER reshell for a non-original customer.  Now maybe if you have them updated to the JH-3A (if possible?) they might do that.  Mine, however, never sounded as bad as you said yours did.  In fact, I was totally entranced by the sound.  It was just that I could tell that one tube angle was off because when pressing on it in a certain way, the sound improved dramatically.

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #1,762 of 3,931
My TF18s just arrived and I've got to say I'm not impressed at all. There are scratches on the inside of the right faceplate and both have several imperfections. The sound bore is especially disappointing because it isn't really dual bore nor single. Instead they just made one hole and ran one of the plastic sound tubes through it and used the leftover space for the "bore" for the othe
IMG_0353.JPG
r pair of driver's, which ends well before the opening. It kinda looks like  (o  ) . Is this just normal and I'm being too picky?
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

Jun 24, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #1,763 of 3,931

Quote:
My TF18s just arrived and I've got to say I'm not impressed at all. There are scratches on the inside of the right faceplate and both have several imperfections. The sound bore is especially disappointing because it isn't really dual bore nor single. Instead they just made one hole and ran one of the plastic sound tubes through it and used the leftover space for the "bore" for the othe
IMG_0353.JPG
r pair of driver's, which ends well before the opening. It kinda looks like  (o  ) . Is this just normal and I'm being too picky?
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

If you're not happy, submit a formal complaint to UM.  Put aside aesthetics, have you had the opportunity to assess the sound quality?

Jun 26, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #1,764 of 3,931

Quote:
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

You're being too picky with the bores. I'm pretty sure I've seen JH do this as well. I don't think UM are the only ones that do it. My Mage 6s are the same way and it never bothered me. My Mage 6 (6 drivers), btw are absolutely amazing and have the most perfect sound signature and leave nothing to be desired.

EDIT: It was the UE18 that uses the same bore design. Look here.

Jun 27, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #1,766 of 3,931

Quote:
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG
IMG_0353.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0354.JPG

That's pretty typical. JHA, UE, Westone - everyone do that.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:13 PM Post #1,768 of 3,931
man......my TF10's have been sitting in a box for a month now waiting on me to find time to get impressions taken..... but after seeing the JH-3A/JH-1x reveiws from CJ I am seriously considering taking that $$$ and using it tward a JH purchace.....DAMN progress!!! I need a cheeper slower progressing hobby....... oh well, could still get my UM3X's reshelled!

Jun 29, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #1,770 of 3,931
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if UM have the photo art machine now, for more detailed designs?

And can they accept PNG files - I have a black and white design that requires clear parts - I want a red faceplate and don't want any white areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back