Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #1,531 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can only hope that I won't require refits.

Per refits, what process is involved?
Do they simply add or scrape away material to the remold? or do they make modifications to the mold, and re-do the remold?

BTW, could someone tell how to determine an appropriate fit?

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #1,533 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jipod, what kind of prices were you quotes for the extra drivers?

US$440 inclusive of Null Audio Enya Cable + US$8.00 S/H.

Apr 7, 2010 at 6:16 AM Post #1,534 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Per refits, what process is involved?
Do they simply add or scrape away material to the remold? or do they make modifications to the mold, and re-do the remold?

BTW, could someone tell how to determine an appropriate fit?

I believe you have to take another ear impression and send it in with the IEMs again.

As for an appropriate fit.. I wouldn't know yet.
L3000.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #1,535 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
US$440 inclusive of Null Audio Enya Cable + US$8.00 S/H.

Thanks, one more annoying question, I'm wondering if you're planning on using the new and improved IEMs from a non-AMPed source (like your itouch). As much as I'd be up for an increase in performance, I don't want to upgrade it to the point where I will have to make a further investment just to hear it. I hear that the 530s are one of the few high end IEMs that are made to be sensitive enough that the drivers don't need an amp for decent quality.

(If it sounds like I barely know what I'm talking about... it's because that's the case)

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #1,536 of 3,931
Just input, all custom monitors that i've owned whether high end or mid-range all sound really nice just straight out of sources, however it just goes beyond and above when you pair them with a lovely amp.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #1,538 of 3,931
Godnec, does your TF18 still sound as bad?

Also, MaoDi, do you have any opinions as to why he has such a bad experience with the TF18 and the Zune? Is it a bad production of the TF18, really a synergy problem with the Zune or is he just not a fan of the tf18 sound sig.

I was getting pretty worried, but so far, from MaoDi's, chaos and godnec's impressions of the tf18 only godnec seems to have a real issue with the SQ. Do any other tf18 owners have an opinion to present?

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #1,539 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by huhaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, one more annoying question, I'm wondering if you're planning on using the new and improved IEMs from a non-AMPed source (like your itouch). As much as I'd be up for an increase in performance, I don't want to upgrade it to the point where I will have to make a further investment just to hear it. I hear that the 530s are one of the few high end IEMs that are made to be sensitive enough that the drivers don't need an amp for decent quality.

(If it sounds like I barely know what I'm talking about... it's because that's the case)

Feel free to ask away. I intend to keep it simple utilizing only the HP out of my choice of source. Do note, due to the modifications, "the 530s will no longer be 530s". Until I plug them into my source, and listen, I won't know what joys (or complications) the finished product will offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElevenBee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry if this was mentioned... did null drop their prices or was this always the case?

Null Audio's 6 driver remold with cable pricing starts at US$440. In the case of the SE530, US$440. Maybe with other IEMs, price is higher.

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #1,540 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by teren41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, MaoDi, do you have any opinions as to why he has such a bad experience with the TF18 and the Zune? Is it a bad production of the TF18, really a synergy problem with the Zune or is he just not a fan of the tf18 sound sig.

I was getting pretty worried, but so far, from MaoDi's, chaos and godnec's impressions of the tf18 only godnec seems to have a real issue with the SQ. Do any other tf18 owners have an opinion to present?

I think it's just the pairing between the two. Unique Melody's quality with my personal experience is extremely good. I'm confident and sure that they are one of the companies that can make a monitor the same as the next one within human error and driver manufacturing differences.

Apr 8, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #1,541 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by teren41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i have been listening to them for at least 5 hours a day for the past week and i can say that they sound fantastic now. there's no way of telling whether i just got used to the sound signature of they really opened up. But i am inclined to say that they have in fact opened up a fair bit. I've also compared it with my friend's nano and the difference is very minor, more of difference in warmth rather than difference in quality. Nevertheless they still sound the best out of my computer, albeit just from the onboard sound card.

However, to my ears, these are not very bass heavy like the previous impressions posted here. In fact i find that in some songs it appears to have less bass than the original TF10s. But this may be attributed to the fact that the bass now hits faster and tighter with more punch, extending lower with more control. In bass heavy tracks they definitely can pump out more than adequate bass. I find them more neutral than the TF10s, maybe due to the less U shaped frequency response. But i am still inexperienced.
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #1,543 of 3,931
got my UM 3 way. Fit is spot on ! pics and small initial review tonight
wink.gif

My monitors looks amazing ! I got purple
wink.gif
and metallica : One --> WOW !

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #1,545 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone who says the tf18 sounds bad must be deaf or hearing impaired. It is just awesome. Takes awhile to fully burn in though, the crossovers. So don't judge it straight from day 1.

Agreed. The TF18 is an incredible 6-driver custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back