Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #1,411 of 3,931
@JiPod 2bad that you do both the same 6 driver upgrade. I'm sure it is the best solution for you, You don't have to choose between the 2 and you have always the same sound where ever you are.
Everybody else here is hoping for a good comparison between a normal SE530, standard remold, extra driver, 6 drivers and or 8 drivers in any combination. By doing both the same comparing isn't possible.
I'm hoping to receive my SE530 with 8 drivers next week. I can compare it with my other normal SE530. My only problem is that I can't describe what I'm hearing but I know what sounds better for me.

Mar 18, 2010 at 10:10 AM Post #1,412 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by alan_g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im in the uk , i quite like the tf10's but there is always the maybe they could be better scenario also i cant wear them all day hence thinking about the remould

i'm in the uk too, so went with UM. just had to pay an extra $26 customs though for them to be released
frown.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #1,415 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by obrienk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry this was them going *to* UM. i declared them as 'returned for repair' but i guess chinese customs were having none of it
frown.gif

thats sucks. um told me to go through null audio with the remolding and extra
mid driver £217 plus shipping.

had my impressions done this morning
atsmile.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 6:18 PM Post #1,416 of 3,931
now the tough decision of deciding which colour

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #1,418 of 3,931
might go for the darker blue

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #1,419 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL What. You must be some rich guy with money to throw around eh?
Buying two of the same customs at the same time just for "convienience" is pushing it lmao

Pushing it? I've seen people who buy more than two. I remember hearing the story when the Honda NSX first came out, there was this guy who couldn't choose between red, black, and silver. In the end, he bought one of each color.

You only live once. If you can, splurge.

Mar 18, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #1,420 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by sjh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@JiPod 2bad that you do both the same 6 driver upgrade. I'm sure it is the best solution for you, You don't have to choose between the 2 and you have always the same sound where ever you are.
Everybody else here is hoping for a good comparison between a normal SE530, standard remold, extra driver, 6 drivers and or 8 drivers in any combination. By doing both the same comparing isn't possible.
I'm hoping to receive my SE530 with 8 drivers next week. I can compare it with my other normal SE530. My only problem is that I can't describe what I'm hearing but I know what sounds better for me.

Very well put.

Edit: My intent is to explore the UM modification, with the convenience of having a unit for commute and one for the gym. If I like the 6 driver unit, I may venture to the 8 driver unit. If I don't, I'll simply explore elsewhere. If need, I can always do a 6 driver comparison with the original SE530. Nevertheless, I am keen to hear your findings when your 8 driver unit arrives.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #1,421 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My journey has begun.

Received PayPal invoice from Null Audio today.
Confirmed appointment with my audiologist tomorrow at 10:00. Ear impressions and SE530s to go out the same day via EMS (Japan post told me delivery time is 2 days).

Got my ear impressions as scheduled. First time, sort of felt "violated".
PayPal payment processed.
Everything left via EMS today.

Mar 19, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #1,423 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are you going to put the two 530's together?

No no. Each unit will undergo the 6-driver modification. The only difference between the two will be their "clothes".

BTW, thank you for this thread. My SE530s served their purpose well, but there was always something lacking. Because of this thread, I have found a possible answer to the discontent of my ears.

Mar 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #1,424 of 3,931
OK, it's been a couple of months, and the communication was a bit ropey, but they've just arrived, and...

...they're incredible!

Flawless build quality. I eventually got my nephew to get impressions done so they're gonna be his (TF10s - straight remould) and they are absolutely beautiful. Will post pics as soon as I can. Very impressed, in spite of the palaver.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 19, 2010 at 9:05 AM Post #1,425 of 3,931
royhendo, did you get any customs charges on the way there or back again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back