Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #1,366 of 3,931
:O omg, my right ear isnt perfect LOL its remold time lmao! On the contrary, the one i was worried about, the left ear, is absolutely perfect lol, the right one;s canal is a lil small =\

First impressions: Very very fast. Their ability to cope with fast complex songs is amazing. Extremely accurate and clear. Good level of detail and microdetail. Bass is fast and tight, however for me on some songs, it may be abit too much, hence making it abit fatiguing. Mids are vastly improved from the tf10, and is the part of the tf18 i like the most. Highs are less dominant than in the tf10. Hmmmm what else..soundstage is pretty good, but it feels "pseudo" unlike the tf10, its like its large, but the large is in your head, maybe due to the smallness of my customs. My customs are extremely freaking small, bout half the size of usual customs from what i've seen roughly the size of my thumb, slightly larger. I'll burn them in a lil more first before i comment anymore
smily_headphones1.gif
If you're a bass head, get this LOL , for me i found the mage's bass to be enough for me, so i don't think im much of one
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #1,367 of 3,931
null audio is now offering 6-8 driver remolds for westone 3 and UM3x as well now, anyone done it yet?

Mar 13, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #1,368 of 3,931
After running / burning it for one day here are my impressions. Note that i burned them in OUT of my ear, letting the earphones run through the night from my ipod in its case, so its unlikely that i had mental burn in.

Impressive.

As i mentioned earlier these earphones are very fast, and almost no complex passage seems to stump them. The impact of the bass is no longer "overwhelming" for me, its now nice and punchy and full. Soundstage is wide wide wide. Voices are very clear and accurate, just like the singer singing into your ear. Decay is great, very realistic. Tone is very accurate. Microdetails are there, though sometimes the microdetails are really funny, like the musician playing a single note before realizing the song hasnt started lmao. out of place stuff. Even though the bass is ownage, it unlike what many has described with the UE11, doesn't muffle the other parts one bit. And all the different areas of the music are well brought out.

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #1,370 of 3,931
really depends on your ear size pal. I think my ears are very small, cause the customs are small yes, but they fit flush with my ear. Its about the size of a 50 cent coin , dunno about a dime i dont use dimes :p

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #1,373 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
really depends on your ear size pal. I think my ears are very small, cause the customs are small yes, but they fit flush with my ear. Its about the size of a 50 cent coin , dunno about a dime i dont use dimes :p

oh okay, I thought you were saying they were smaller than what would be considered proportional to the user's ears.

small ears => small customs makes plenty sense, LOL
darthsmile.gif

so yeah, just thought you meant they were small compared to what would be expected based on your ear size

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #1,374 of 3,931
So I sent my earphones and impressions more than two weeks ago to UM via USPS international priority which is a pretty good deal ($13). They said it would arrive between 5-7 days and I've seen faster results when I've used it previously of as short as 3 days to Asia.

Anyhow, after two weeks with an e-mail to UM every few days and a response that they would notify me upon receipt, I got a little suspicious.

My last e-mail stated to them that I was concerned about my package being lost and that it was okay if you couldn't start work on it right away - just let me know you got it.

The response was "we jiust receive the post notice from US,we shall pick it up from post office asap"

Anyhow, my hypothesis is that the 25 work day lead time isn't necessarily due to shipping but rather UM not picking them up/starting on them because they have quite the backlog of other stuff to work on.

Mar 14, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #1,376 of 3,931
seems like you sent them in at the middle/at the end of the chinese new years after glow, which means they had like a week or two worth of work backed up.

Mar 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM Post #1,378 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hota /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I sent my earphones and impressions more than two weeks ago to UM via USPS international priority which is a pretty good deal ($13). They said it would arrive between 5-7 days and I've seen faster results when I've used it previously of as short as 3 days to Asia.

Anyhow, after two weeks with an e-mail to UM every few days and a response that they would notify me upon receipt, I got a little suspicious.

My last e-mail stated to them that I was concerned about my package being lost and that it was okay if you couldn't start work on it right away - just let me know you got it.

The response was "we jiust receive the post notice from US,we shall pick it up from post office asap"

Anyhow, my hypothesis is that the 25 work day lead time isn't necessarily due to shipping but rather UM not picking them up/starting on them because they have quite the backlog of other stuff to work on.

Wow if your impressions have been in transit for few weeks aren't the impression shrink ? I think that is what happened to mine on my refit and its still not perfect 100%

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #1,379 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol so you think UM has no orders in progress and can immediately start work on your customs? of course they do! :p

That's not what I said. I think that it only takes a few days for a package to arrive at UM. Now what I implied is that they don't pick up the package until they are ready to start on them so they don't have to tell you they have a two week backlog. Rather they blame the delay on the shipping time.

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #1,380 of 3,931
I don't think that is the case. I have shipped to UM three times, 2 times registered and once EMS. The email notification i got from Sam or other Um staff was accurate to the online tracking 2days. But when i sent with registered mail it took over 2weeks. Maybe because they only collect packages from the post office once a week or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back