Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 10, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #1,336 of 3,931
im not sure how much it is now, but the price should be about 250, then adding the 50 dollar shipping charge stereo asks for, and artwork is 50 bucks :p

But apparently you have no choice, as Um has signed a distributor deal in singapore. You can;'t remould directly through UM, you have to go through stereo/null. Null is far cheaper tho.

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #1,338 of 3,931
..... "not in any position to tell you the price" lmao.

One with brains would immediately head online to check the average distributor price, which is about 250 sgd in null-audio and that price would hardly vary from seller to seller as they both have a recommended price from UM, in fact , things at null are cheaper most of the time. Oh then again i can't always assume everyone can think =\

Post 1337 ftw !

Mar 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #1,340 of 3,931
YaRly! =P

Lol sorry I don't really wanna diss you over this , so lets just keep it at that
wink_face.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #1,341 of 3,931
I Hope that everyone reading thos thread has at least read and considered this thread here. I am guessing that this is not an anomaly. I have long had doubts about some of the claims being made here - strike me down and send me to hell if I am wrong. And the claims keep getting wilder. (Want me to go back and quote?)

My worry is that people with not enough money for proper customs (i.e. the students this thread is directed at) may be the ones least able to afford to spend it on products that don't deliver. UM has too many products, too many designs, something for everyone and no evidence that there is a Jerry Harvey like audio genius behind it all. (Also it's prices are seem to be increasing rapidly as this thread takes off.) UM is however good at avoiding fingerprints.

It's too bad because I live in China and it would be so easy to go with UM. But living here my BS detector has developed a certain refinement and right now it is screaming.

Did I mention strike me down and send me to hell if I am wrong?
devil_face.gif

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM Post #1,343 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I Hope that everyone reading thos thread has at least read and considered this thread here. I am guessing that this is not an anomaly. I have long had doubts about some of the claims being made here - strike me down and send me to hell if I am wrong. And the claims keep getting wilder. (Want me to go back and quote?)

My worry is that people with not enough money for proper customs (i.e. the students this thread is directed at) may be the ones least able to afford to spend it on products that don't deliver. UM has too many products, too many designs, something for everyone and no evidence that there is a Jerry Harvey like audio genius behind it all. (Also it's prices are seem to be increasing rapidly as this thread takes off.) UM is however good at avoiding fingerprints.

It's too bad because I live in China and it would be so easy to go with UM. But living here my BS detector has developed a certain refinement and right now it is screaming.

Did I mention strike me down and send me to hell if I am wrong?
devil_face.gif

absolutely.. the prices are exorbitant considering the service. considering passing it up and just saving for better customs rather than a remold

Mar 11, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #1,348 of 3,931
I went through someone acquainted with Sam/UM who hails from the same country I do (he's living in China now, though), and I had to pay first. I submitted my artwork/configuration/customization options to him, but I sent the impressions to UM's factory in China.

I hope nothing goes awry. 3 more weeks to go.. Ahh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back