Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Mar 6, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #1,306 of 3,931
Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I believe that at least part of the problem is that this audiologist didn't have much, if any experience with making impressions for "audiophile" type hard acrylic IEMs, and I didn't have any experience with getting them, just a little knowledge from what I read here. I probably did distort the concha when I applied pressure while the impressions were setting up.

When I go in for another set, I will bring in a print out of my communication summary with UM (below), along with a copy of UE's guidelines. So I accept some responsibility, but I know the impressions were carefully packed for shipment; perhaps they were defective to the point of being extremely fragile? I knew that this process was subject to delays, but I didn't think they would start so soon!

Screen%20shot%202010-03-06%20at%201.51.24%20AM.png

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM Post #1,309 of 3,931
I wouldn't be disappointed at all with that color. I guess it could be a tad bit darker, but I still think they're gorgeous.

Secondly, what kinda bores do they have? It looks like there is one bore and a larger hole like the Mage that leads further down into the shell where it meets 2 more bores. So, could that be 3 bores?!

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #1,311 of 3,931
So chaosfayt .....finally you have them....
Dont worry about how they look more important its all about the sound.
Seriously they are quite cool, enjoy them man and lets have some impressions too.
There the TF18's right?

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #1,313 of 3,931
everytime i look in this thread it upsets me.

i am meant to have my custom SE530s back by now but Chinese new year meant 8-9 days off work!

the wait continues...hope they did the impressions before they went on holiday eek

Mar 7, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #1,315 of 3,931
Those look awesome, chaosfayt; I hope they fit, and I hope mine will look as good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back