Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #1,217 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really wanted to get some IEM's from UM. I contacted them, laid out everything plain and clear and waited.

First they say it will cost me $59....then $159....then, when all is almost final they tell me the actual price will be $996.00!

I think Jerry will be getting an order from me.

frown.gif
because I really wanted to try out UM.

Holy shiz , whatever the hell could cost so much :p

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:30 PM Post #1,218 of 3,931
Quote:

First they say it will cost me $59....then $159....then, when all is almost final they tell me the actual price will be $996.00!

I believe 59 was a typo. But $996... Gosh... are these gold plated?
I am really sorry, though.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #1,219 of 3,931
Quote:

I really wanted to get some IEM's from UM. I contacted them, laid out everything plain and clear and waited.

I think Jerry will be getting an order from me.

frown.gif
because I really wanted to try out UM.

If that's not the cost of the 8 driver custom it has to be a typo, or a quote meant for someone looking for said 8 driver custom lol

Feb 17, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #1,220 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why only a single soundbore? How would a dual bore have affected the presentation?

And piotrus-g, what about your cable; what option did you decide on?

They are dual bore except for the last centimeter or so. You can see the individual bores coming from the drivers. That's how UM does the Mage as well, and they claim it's as good as dual bores all the way to the end.

Feb 18, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #1,222 of 3,931
are these guys still the place to go if you want to get some SE530- turned into customs or are their other options that arent just using UM to do the work ;D ?? the website still does not have details (in english) of the remolding prices etc. I am enquiring for a fellow countryman and want to get SE530 reshelled, with added driver and UE/JH connector system installed (I will supply the cable) but only a rudimentary cable is required to be shipped back with the IEMs. is mingo still the person to contact?

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #1,223 of 3,931
How much does it cost for just remolding? I'm looking at buying an ES3X and reshelling it, and I want some good customs, not Fisher's hacked together stuff. I will have the cables. All I need is the reshelling. My apologies for my laziness.

Feb 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #1,224 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by maguire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LFF Thats some price hike!!!!!
What did you do to them?......seriously, was this for the original IEM?
or did you add extra drivers etc to your IEM?

I know! It was for a custom. What bugged me was that I didn't sugar coat anything from the beginning. I told them I wanted a custom and then got a price hike right before I signed the dotted line.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy shiz , whatever the hell could cost so much :p

I have no idea. For that price I would rather get the JH13.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piotrus-g /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe 59 was a typo. But $996... Gosh... are these gold plated?
I am really sorry, though.

Not gold plated. I asked for clear IEM's, NO art and the regular cable.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElevenBee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If that's not the cost of the 8 driver custom it has to be a typo, or a quote meant for someone looking for said 8 driver custom lol

I wish it was but it doesn't make sense as they specifically said the total would be $996 USD. Sucks for me.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacky113 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe they accident quote price in RMB
tongue.gif

See above. I wish it was cheaper.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #1,226 of 3,931
Their most expensive UM brand monitor is only $575. It's a 4 driver monitor. So, if you asked for a monitor of their creation (not a remold from a previously owned pair of universal monitors, or custom for that matter) and got a $996 price quote, a mistake has been made. They are currently testing a 6 driver monitor and I can't recall for certain but I think an 8 driver UM monitor may be in the works, but neither are available for sell at the moment nor have prices been revealed.

Maybe you should tell us exactly what you asked for.

Feb 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #1,227 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistertomlinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their most expensive UM brand monitor is only $575. It's a 4 driver monitor. So, if you asked for a monitor of their creation (not a remold from a previously owned pair of universal monitors, or custom for that matter) and got a $996 price quote, a mistake has been made. They are currently testing a 6 driver monitor and I can't recall for certain but I think an 8 driver UM monitor may be in the works, but neither are available for sell at the moment nor have prices been revealed.

Maybe you should tell us exactly what you asked for.

I asked for an IEM, Clear, NO art, standard cable with flat frequency response with a deviation no greater than +/- 1.5 db. I asked for this since the second email. After that I was quoted a price of $59 (most likely a typo for $159). I didn't even ask for a specific number of drivers. Still...$996 is way too much IMHO.

Feb 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM Post #1,230 of 3,931
Quote:

with flat frequency response with a deviation no greater than +/- 1.5 db. I asked for this since the second email.

This is the part where the problem is. You've asked them to make something very unusual. They add you probably some proprietary drivers. Plus this is inconsistent with IEM engineering art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back