Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #1,171 of 3,931
the prices are including shipping.

PS: Haven't compared cause i don't own a UE18, Jh13, or JH16
wink.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #1,172 of 3,931
I know I'm missing something basic, but why can't you send UM two sets of TF10s and have them combine the drivers? Even if the sound wasn't quite as good, it would be MUCH less expensive.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #1,173 of 3,931
No it wouldn't. They'd have to redo the crossover, which they're going to charge you $230 for. Plus a TF10, that adds up to about $400. Which isn't much off.

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #1,175 of 3,931
I did a search of the thread but turned up nought, anyone done this with their ER4Ps? Hell, is it even possible? They only list the ER6is on their website. Cheers.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #1,176 of 3,931
Some more if you plan to visit an audiologist.
Quote:

Originally Posted by H22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So..... $160 (I didnt get mine on sale
frown.gif
)plus $464= $624 for what is being touted as a top tier custom IEM, even with a really nice cable that is a good deal. Especially considering it is IMHO the best looking custom offered. While I know SQ is far and away all that matters, I would hate to spend $1100+on something that looked anything less than the UM quality, and in that reguard I think UM has set a benchmark.
I would still like to see a few impartial reveiws of the TF-18 or TF-xx(8 driver beast) compaired to the JH-13, UE-18, JH-16, etc. While I respect MaoDi's assesment, unless I missed something, I dont think he has directly compaired his TF-18 to any of them?
But even still it would better to get a larger pool of reveiwers, the more ears the better.
I have a feeling though that should such a comparison take place ( and it surely will ), the end result will still be a statement like " they are all exellent and have distict sound signatures.......deciding witch one is best will be up to your own personal preferances..."
However, if that is the case, it will be hard not to throw the TF-18 out as the clear winner for value.

Sigh... now to figure out how to get a day off work and schedule for some impressions...

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM Post #1,177 of 3,931
I paid $20 for ear impressions from an audiologist. Make sure you call around and get the best price possible. I wouldn't pay a penny over $40 for ear impressions. It's only 15 minutes worth of work. Say that you want ear impressions done, not ear molds.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #1,178 of 3,931
So, I could use some advice. UM ignored my request for Westone sockets and instead gave me the standard TF10 socket. My Westone cables don't fit and I'm hesitant to take a file to them. What's my best option now for a decent cable? Has this happened to anyone else? I really dislike the stock TF10 cable but I feel like I've been left without a good option.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #1,179 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshoger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, I could use some advice. UM ignored my request for Westone sockets and instead gave me the standard TF10 socket. My Westone cables don't fit and I'm hesitant to take a file to them. What's my best option now for a decent cable? Has this happened to anyone else? I really dislike the stock TF10 cable but I feel like I've been left without a good option.

I have read that some people use the Null Audio Lune cable with their universal TF10's. So if you have the standard TF10 socket, the Lune cable should work out for you.

Feb 12, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,181 of 3,931
Quote:

Yeah, I looked those up. $69 each x2. My disgust with UM is reaching critical levels. I am totally boggled by all the positive experiences quoted in this thread.

Just wondering if you read info about sockets in this thread before you made the order. If you marked 'custom socket' in the order form you can use the westone cable and other custom cables. Did you request it through email?

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #1,182 of 3,931
Maybe you already have the custom socket because the Westone ES cable is a very tight fit. I know that personally because I ordered cables directly from Westone and it was painful for me to connect the cables.

Feb 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #1,184 of 3,931
Quote:

Hmm. I requested "Westone sockets" for clarity's sake. Maybe I'll try one more time with the pliers. Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention that when I received my monitors I tried to attach the original TF10 cable and the connectors slid in and out very easily. If you have a tight fit with your original TF10 cable then I would suspect that UM screwed up and gave you the wrong socket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back