Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #1,021 of 3,931
No worries. The 6 driver option for the TF10 is absolutely fantastic. You'll definitely be satisfied for the lows.

Jan 30, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #1,023 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Get_Zwole /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if the 6 driver UM monitor will be an upgraded Mage or totally different? Would be nice to be able to send in the Mage and a few hundred and get an upgrade. Wishful thinking probably.

I was thinking the SAME thing.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #1,025 of 3,931
my question to Sam regarding the Shure 8 drivers:

Hello, SAM

1st question – The art work I have send, can you guys do it?

2nd question – how is the Bass is this type of 8 drivers remold, does it have more impact and is much faster than the mage?

3rd question - What will be the frequency response?

his answer:

1-the artwork is ok,
2-the dual bass more stronger and power than mage
3-20HZ~18KHZ frequency response

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #1,026 of 3,931
All unique melody high-end monitors go from 20HZ-18kHz. It's because they're machine only goes from 20 to 20. And besides, most of the community can't hear below 30Hz and above 18kHz. So no worries. They tests my TF18 and said it was 20-20. But it ended up being a 10-20 after i got it checked out at a local audiologist.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #1,028 of 3,931
I spoke with UM today and their 8-driver TF10 mod uses two super high drivers as opposed to two super low drivers so I'll just be getting the standard 6-driver TF18s.

I'm a fan of impactful bass (IE8 and CKS70) so hopefully the TF18s won't disappoint.

Feb 1, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #1,029 of 3,931
getting my impressions done today, sending off for E500 remold (i stopped using them when the cable started deteriorating and replaced them with SE530s)

I figured a recable job would cost me a bit anyway (in australia, electronics, especially headphones, always fetch a much dearer price than our overseas companions)

is the Wenguang (/spelling) cable the same connection as the westone cable?

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #1,030 of 3,931
Does anyone have a picture of what the Shure SE530 Drivers look like? I am deciding if I want a clear mold or not.

also this may sound like a stupid question but how exactly do you order? I have the form and have it all filled out but do I email it back to him and then send my molds and drivers?

Thanks
Sam

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:33 AM Post #1,031 of 3,931
i am getting the translucent black. I hope nothing goes wrong through the language barrier though.

I always assumed your printed off the form and sent it in with your headphones i hadnt considered emailing. Just emailed Sam and added that to my list of other questions

edit: send order form in with headphones and impressions

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #1,032 of 3,931
UM will send you a email and you fill it in and post it with your impressions and IEM.

As for the look of driver i think they look alike for most BA driver, so you can just look at other peoples pictures. They will turn out the same look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_SOURCE41 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have a picture of what the Shure SE530 Drivers look like? I am deciding if I want a clear mold or not.

also this may sound like a stupid question but how exactly do you order? I have the form and have it all filled out but do I email it back to him and then send my molds and drivers?

Thanks
Sam

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM Post #1,033 of 3,931
Awesome thanks!

I am still not sure if I want to have UM do these or Fisher.

Both seem like a good choice but I just don't know the differences between them.

Fisher is very convincing with the price but I hear more success stories with UM.

Feb 1, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #1,034 of 3,931
UM makes sure everything is exactly the same from left and right, including the alignment of the soundbores, length of sound bores etc. Fisher hearing doesn't seem to worry about that kind of stuff. You also get a much prettier look from UM compared to Fisher. But yes, Fisher is cheap by about $30USD.

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #1,035 of 3,931
If you are not concern about the turnover time for the remold, and a bit higher price. Go for UM.

If you worry about the remold progress and need the communication and turnover go Fisher.

As for quality you can just compare the 2 appreciation threads from fisher and UM
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back