Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 27, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #978 of 3,931
Shure - SE530 Sound Isolating Earphones

Pure Audio Precision
Formerly known as the E500PTH, the SE530 uses Triple TruAcoustic Micro-Speakers to create an expansive soundstage. A dedicated tweeter ensures that highs and mids are incredibly accurate and detailed, while dedicated dual woofers provide balanced, full-bodied bass. The Push-To-Hear Control (included with the SE530PTH) adjusts levels of external sound for maximum intelligibility

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #979 of 3,931
Mate, I meant your UM design. I know that in SE530 driver works as a woofer, but in your customs it can work as a midbass driver as well and you can have some other dual driver for the bottom end.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #980 of 3,931
I have read all the pages in this thread, but lost track of some answers:
1.If I reshell and add a mid driver to my m-audio ie-40, (like a TFi 10 pro), would that make it a T18, or a TFi 10 pro + 1? (I'm trying to read in this thread what it may sound like).
2. What mid driver would Unique Melody add? What do I ask for?
3. What would the cost be for adding a mid driver, reshelling, shipping?
4. Are they answering emails, what email name and address? The web page looks hard to use.
5. Will it take about a month from when they receive my ie-40 and ear impressions?
Thanks!!

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #983 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundBite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read all the pages in this thread, but lost track of some answers:
1.If I reshell and add a mid driver to my m-audio ie-40, (like a TFi 10 pro), would that make it a T18, or a TFi 10 pro + 1? (I'm trying to read in this thread what it may sound like).
2. What mid driver would Unique Melody add? What do I ask for?
3. What would the cost be for adding a mid driver, reshelling, shipping?
4. Are they answering emails, what email name and address? The web page looks hard to use.
5. Will it take about a month from when they receive my ie-40 and ear impressions?
Thanks!!

1. This will make ~95% of UE11 Pro that's how it's supposed to sound.
2. Ask for adding a driver - they will take care what driver to use.
3. It's about $150-200 I don't remember well, but I think i depends on what driver they add. I remember $260 for dual HF driver.
4. Yes they are, but give them a few days to get back to you, if they don't send them message once again. Email is kabang567@hotmail.com name SAM.
5. Yes it'll take approximately 4-5 weeks.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #984 of 3,931
I see.....strange that gdgt mentions it and in the UE website there is no mention of a 4 way crossover. I wonder what will be split, the midrange, highs, or lows. Thanks for the link!

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #985 of 3,931
Today UM received my SE530 for a 6 driver upgrade. And now you guys are talking about 8 drivers and 4 way crossovers? Man... this is going way to fast!
The $700, is that including cable and shipping? I was quoted $480 for 6 drivers, Westone cable and shipping. So to upgrade to 8 drivers it will mean $220 less for my wallet. I doubt it is worth it. Have UM tested this before? I mean UE, JH, Westone etc. do research and (beta)testing before they sell anything to you/us.
I have only considered the 6 driver upgrade because MoaDi says it is well worth it. Most of us consider him an expert or at least he knows what he is talking about.

What do you guys think about this? Is UM doing this only because the others are doing this, or are they really this good and can make anything you want?
I really hope for the latter because if I don't get it now I still have another SE530 to get an 8, 10 or 12 drivers IEM in the future.

Jan 27, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #986 of 3,931
I'm going to do a 12 driver design. I'm going to use dual 3300, dual dtec, and dual TWFK. waha. 6 way crossover

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #987 of 3,931
Then I'm going to wait for your review
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm wondering how many drivers can fit in a shell, without having something hanging out of the ear.

BTW sorry for misspelling your name MaoDi, I hope you will forgive me.

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #989 of 3,931
you can fit a lot of drivers in an ear. I can fit 12 drivers that will actually soundgod like i mentioned above.I could ft like 10 TWFK's in my ear if i really wanted to, but there's no point to that since it's a waste of money and t won't sound good. 12 is rather overkill already, but i want to do it in the future just for fun.

Hey no problem, spell my name however you want. As long as people get it's me haha.

Jan 28, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #990 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Fu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No I'm remolding to 8 drivers - total 16 drivers IEM.

it is made of dual super high drivers,dual high and mid and low module

4 way crossover - see UE18

Um is doing all remold and drivers

just recieved a UM Mage (see Um Mage Review) Last week and the work is Great, the sound great, but I also like my shures, so i'm tunning them a little
dt880smile.png

can your ears handle the highs? o.o what makes you decided to go for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back