Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3,814 of 3,931
So I seemed to have lost all bass response when I got my remolds back. It was just a reshell of my Shure 530 +6 or whatever. The only possibility I see is that my headphone cable now has a slightly different plug then the UM receptacle. The UM has a hump and the cable is smooth rectangle. Anyone else experience this?

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3,815 of 3,931
So I seemed to have lost all bass response when I got my remolds back. It was just a reshell of my Shure 530 +6 or whatever. The only possibility I see is that my headphone cable now has a slightly different plug then the UM receptacle. The UM has a hump and the cable is smooth rectangle. Anyone else experience this?

Faulty drivers/crossover? When you say "Lost all bass response" makes me instantly wonder about your seal. Does the bass improve when you wiggle/prod them?

Is the bass quiet, or literally not there? 

Jan 27, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,817 of 3,931

Faulty drivers/crossover? When you say "Lost all bass response" makes me instantly wonder about your seal. Does the bass improve when you wiggle/prod them?

Is the bass quiet, or literally not there? 

There are times when the bass shows up as it used to, but most of the time it is very light and doesn't pack the punch that it used to.  The seal is pretty pretty good. :frowning2:

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #3,818 of 3,931

Had the similar problem, dampers were failing. a pro told me to stick a needle inside and poke on the dampers to make things move a bit.....and jesus....it worked!

(i take NO responsibility for anything!!)

Jan 27, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #3,819 of 3,931
  Had the similar problem, dampers were failing. a pro told me to stick a needle inside and poke on the dampers to make things move a bit.....and jesus....it worked!

(i take NO responsibility for anything!!)

Well if Jesus would do it...maybe I'll give it a shot later :wink:.  I am just really aggravated and the whole reshelling process took so long that I am not going to send them back again to wait another 4 months hah.

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #3,821 of 3,931
Got my TF10x6

definitely a good step up from the TF10, the sound stage is what hit me first, it was wider than stock. The mids are so much more intimate and detailed, Bass is more Dynamic. Well worth the $$.. I'm using an Oyaide Cable with mine.

Mar 20, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #3,824 of 3,931

Users who are viewing this thread

Back