Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #3,796 of 3,931
  After finally getting working cables for mine (the right ear cable was faulty and would cut in and out constantly, this is how they arrived with me), I have finally had some time to listen well to my Miracles. I love the sound, though I am concerned that the faulty cable caused some damage to the right IEM as on low bass hits I can hear a distinct crackle sound. This is not an audio clipping sound as I am familiar with those being an audio engineer. I have a feeling that the constant cutting in and out from the original cable for the half a day I had it connected and troubleshooting has caused damage to one of the BA drivers… 

I have never had the CIEMs overly loud as I do not want to blow them (I'd say no higher than a 40/60 on a FiiO E17, with the Mac at 50% via USB or the iPhone at 60% via AUX) So nowhere near capacity… 

Do they rattle when you shake them?

Dec 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #3,797 of 3,931
Just done a heap of frequency sweeps, nothing seems out of place. I can see now why the treble is so sweet on these things, there is some noticeable dips in the top end on a frequency sweep. Can anyone recommend some good tracks to highlight these babies?

Dec 21, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #3,799 of 3,931
have anyone ordered through custom-iem.com lately?

I don't want to mail my impressions all the way to Australia and would rather deal with their China office directly. Sadly, no one has replied. I've sent the form over to them along with a few inquiries and there was nothing.

I'm planning to do a TF10x4. I've been reading through the thread and there only seems to be a hand full of guys that has done the mod; most guys seem to go with as many drivers as possible.

I am still contemplating with whether to go with Thousand Sounds or UM

UM clearly has the better build quality and international reputation. Doesn't charge extra for L/R different colors and allow better customizing. However, communication is horrible and the wait times seem long.

Thousand sound on the other hand seem to have good build quality (but doesn't seem to be on the same level as UM based on the pictures). They also charge extra for extra colors. The guy who makes the headphones there (Master Tsui) is great with communication and knows what he's doing.

UM and Thousand Sound seems to be the two biggest / well reputed CM maker in China right now. hopefully someone can help me with this and provide me with some insight on the TF10x4.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #3,800 of 3,931
  have anyone ordered through custom-iem.com lately?

I don't want to mail my impressions all the way to Australia and would rather deal with their China office directly. Sadly, no one has replied. I've sent the form over to them along with a few inquiries and there was nothing.

I'm planning to do a TF10x4. I've been reading through the thread and there only seems to be a hand full of guys that has done the mod; most guys seem to go with as many drivers as possible.

I am still contemplating with whether to go with Thousand Sounds or UM

UM clearly has the better build quality and international reputation. Doesn't charge extra for L/R different colors and allow better customizing. However, communication is horrible and the wait times seem long.

Thousand sound on the other hand seem to have good build quality (but doesn't seem to be on the same level as UM based on the pictures). They also charge extra for extra colors. The guy who makes the headphones there (Master Tsui) is great with communication and knows what he's doing.

UM and Thousand Sound seems to be the two biggest / well reputed CM maker in China right now. hopefully someone can help me with this and provide me with some insight on the TF10x4.

Guo has been quite responsive to my mails lately, i havent started my order with him yet though, but the conversation proved to be quite fast

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3,801 of 3,931
  Guo has been quite responsive to my mails lately, i havent started my order with him yet though, but the conversation proved to be quite fast

what is the usual turn around time for response? and are you using Chinese or English?

It's been a few days since my last email. Hopefully I can get my order through before the end of the year to avoid the price increase.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #3,802 of 3,931
  what is the usual turn around time for response? and are you using Chinese or English?

It's been a few days since my last email. Hopefully I can get my order through before the end of the year to avoid the price increase.

i used english to communicate, and reshell takes 6 weeks

Dec 24, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #3,806 of 3,931
Hi Stephen, 

I appreciate your reply. Do you have an associate in China right now that I can contact? I'm heading to Shanghai in two days and would like to get the order rolling. I'll be doing my impressions in Shanghai and will be shipping from there.

If you don't mind, please take a few minutes to take a look at the email I sent you.

Thanks

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #3,807 of 3,931
I got my TF10x6! Here is the picture

The fit is perfect. First impression Compared to my TF10, it has bigger sound stage. Sound separation is better.
The high is a little bit harsh to my ear, I hope it will settle down later on.
I ordered through UM international, UM lab received my ear impression and TF10 on November 24 and i received the tf10x6 on December 24.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #3,808 of 3,931
Just poking my nose in here and asking if age should be a primary concern when getting ciem due to changes in ear canal? Or should one wait till around 18 b4 getting ciems so that not that much money is spent on refits yearly?
Anyways I am 15 and using the er4s and maybe looking to upgrade to ciem soon.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #3,809 of 3,931
Just poking my nose in here and asking if age should be a primary concern when getting ciem due to changes in ear canal? Or should one wait till around 18 b4 getting ciems so that not that much money is spent on refits yearly?
Anyways I am 15 and using the er4s and maybe looking to upgrade to ciem soon.

my guess, it will fine at your age. But you can always call your audiologist and ask for their opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back