Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Sep 20, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #76 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All UM monitors at the moment come with a large aluminum case, sanitizing wipes, a cleaning tool, and a pouch. However, i'm thinking the Quads are going to come with more.

I didnt get a aluminum case with my remolds.

Sep 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #77 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For remolds, it's an option but costs extra. For customs I believe it's built into the price.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #78 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mayb adaptors or something?
tongue.gif

ah frogot, it already comes witha 1/8"

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #79 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Remolds don't count, only UM "monitors"

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #81 of 3,931
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lets hope it looks good. Most importantly, the sound must be good!

haha, so pumped =) can't wait to here how these compare to my ES3X and 10X3. or mostly the cheaper triple driver, the PM800S from Starkey. I think my Starkey's are going to beat the Quads arriving to me, the quoted me 2-3days for the monitors to make as long as everything is in stock. Considering they are a hearing aid company, i'm guessing they have everything imaginable on their hands....

The pictures i've seem of UM monitors amaze me, the build quality and clarity of the monitors colours and artwork is just...up and beyond. I really want to see if this is what i am getting from my Quads.

Sep 20, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #82 of 3,931
We are straying off topic now haha, well anyways. I can't wait to hear how my "Shayes" come out. Using two dual element drivers, and both being custom made drivers. I can't imagine what this would sound like. People have been saying that if the Se530 had better highs it'd be the strongest universal out there. So taking Jays dual driver with a rather bright sound signature, and a more high focused sound onto the Se530's mids and lower ends...all in a custom mold. I'm in fear that these may be even better than my ES3X or 10X3...

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:31 AM Post #86 of 3,931
Quote:

no fair i want something liek that too :>_<

haha xD if you're willing to go buy a Se530 + q-Jays and then get them remolded. Then fair enough, but that'll end up being if you can get the earphones cheap 530 for $300, Qjays for $150, plus remolding. So about $600?

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #87 of 3,931
thats the price of the quads :p , tbh i like the tf10 much more than the shures, i can't believe sam compares his quads to the shures , and says they are vocal based. I idk if its vocal based only, but that was a disappointment :S

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #88 of 3,931
Quote:

thats the price of the quads :p , tbh i like the tf10 much more than the shures, i can't believe sam compares his quads to the shures , and says they are vocal based. I idk if its vocal based only, but that was a disappointment :S

huh? Sam compares the Quads to the UE11, and says that they use a better dedicated mid driver, so the mids are even better than the UE11 (According to him) Not sure, will let you all know though. I prefer the 530 over the TF10;

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #89 of 3,931
lol, for me he always tells me the iem that the quads are most like is the shures . Vocal oriented. Cause thats what he likes. The 530 has so little punch on bass and no sparkling treble. If i were to rank it'd be tf10 with es2 cable >w3>530 and um3x.

Sep 21, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #90 of 3,931
Quote:

lol, for me he always tells me the iem that the quads are most like is the shures . Vocal oriented. Cause thats what he likes. The 530 has so little punch on bass and no sparkling treble. If i were to rank it'd be tf10 with es2 cable >w3>530 and um3x.

It could be your source. I think that in terms of lows, TF10
s sound rather "hollow". W3's and Se530's tend to pack a solid punch, though the 530's lows are quite warm which some may not like. 530's i'll admit are rather rolled off and doesn't have the extra sparkle that i would like, while the UM3X, TF10 and W3 offer me. However, overall i prefer the 530 over the Tf10. WHile the UM3X stand in front of the Se530. Well none the less, the highs are going to be resolved from the Jays driver. So i'm not worried at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back