Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #2,717 of 3,931

No we do not.  Apologies for the outdated information!

Quote:
Does Unique Melody offer an acrylic+silicone hybrid option for remolds and/or their own products? 

The first starred feature of the Aero on this page says in Chinese that "the ear canal section is made of high quality soft silicone material."
http://www.uniquemelody.org/price-aero.htm

Jun 23, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #2,719 of 3,931

Yes sir we can.

We're still finalising our capabilities with regards to white tones, however as long as your image isn't mostly white, then it is no problem at the moment. 

We were able to overcome the issues regarding white tones with the Kung Fu Panda IEM because the faceplate itself was white.

Flick us through some images of what you have in mind, as well as a picture of your ears or current customs, so that we can help you figured out what will work best with your available faceplate.

beerchug.gif

Quote:
I want to ask UM that they can do this quality of artwork (the kungfu panda one) with personally designed picture. If can, I want to send several earphones to China for remolding right away!!!!!!!

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #2,720 of 3,931

Keep in mind that the pictures you provide for the artworks should be in high resolution, so the end result would look nicer. 
Quote:
I want to ask UM that they can do this quality of artwork (the kungfu panda one) with personally designed picture. If can, I want to send several earphones to China for remolding right away!!!!!!!

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #2,722 of 3,931

Quote:
No we do not.  Apologies for the outdated information!

Thanks for the clarification.

I asked because I am very picky about ambient noise suppression, and I read that silicone provides a better, more isolating seal in your ear.

I am convinced that UM's sound signature is perfect for me and am this close to ordering the Mage, but I am worried about isolation performance vs. other manufacturers that offer silicone.

Are there any special-request customizations that you guys can do for people that are more concerned about isolation, such as deeper canal tubes? Thanks!

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #2,723 of 3,931
We have make the earphones to have deeper canals and largers shells upon requests, so you don't have to worry about isolation. ~

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification.

I asked because I am very picky about ambient noise suppression, and I read that silicone provides a better, more isolating seal in your ear.

I am convinced that UM's sound signature is perfect for me and am this close to ordering the Mage, but I am worried about isolation performance vs. other manufacturers that offer silicone.

Are there any special-request customizations that you guys can do for people that are more concerned about isolation, such as deeper canal tubes? Thanks!

Jun 24, 2011 at 2:18 AM Post #2,724 of 3,931
well, we can do special requests though we may run into issues if you ask for a re-fit as comfort is compromised the deeper and wider we go.

You will still find isolation better than almost all universals you have used before with far superior comfort.

We have sound engineers regularly exposed to 130+ peak and are more than happy with the isolation their UM customs provide.

Drop us an email and we'll see if we can tailor a solution for you.

Jun 24, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #2,725 of 3,931
In regards to artwork.  Are you guys able to do these artworks?  Are they hi-res enough? The faceplate is going to be solid black like the images shown.

Jun 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #2,726 of 3,931
We would do that, though likely not to that resolution which our computer monitor has a hard time resolving when we zoom that image to the rough size of an IEM.

Bear in mind, that your custom is likely about 2cm from left to right, meaning that artwork is going to be very, very, very small and lacking in detail.  We strongly suggest you print out your mockups at 100% scale and see if you like what you see.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2,727 of 3,931
Is it possible to request a bigger faceplate to accommodate larger artwork? I've gotten 2-3 remolds from UM and the faceplates always vary in size. My TF10 remolds, for example, are rather narrow and wouldn't be the ideal shape for the artwork I have in mind (a long, vertical image would be more appropriate), but my first pair of Mage 6s (before getting them remolded) had the perfect faceplate. Good and fat with plenty of room for a good, round image. Is this something I could ask for? I don't mean anything dramatic... but maybe they couldn't shave the faceplate down so much this time?

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,728 of 3,931
If you are happy with the fit, you can send us the IEM that you are happy with and we can re-make your new IEM from that.

Apart from that, it all comes down to what we think is going to work best with the ear impression that you have supplied us, and obviously your anatomy.
redface.gif

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #2,729 of 3,931
Woah woah woah... You guys can do that?! Do you use one of those SLA machines or whatever they are? I didn't think you guys had that capability. I will most certainly remember this for future reference (I'm sure it wont be the last time I get remolds).

But unfortunately, it was my FIRST set of Mage 6s, before needing a refit, that had the perfect faceplate. The second pair came back with a smaller faceplate. First pair had a full, round faceplate... the second pair was a little narrow from left to right, creating a longer faceplate.

Jun 26, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #2,730 of 3,931
We're not quite using scanning...yet...but we can certainly re-make an IEM
from another IEM. Helps us ensure a good fit too!

When you are talking faceplate size, you will always compromise faceplate real estate with flushness. The more of your impression we trim (ie: the more flush we try and make your IEM), the less real estate we have available, so the choice is partially up to you.

As our capabilities improve, we have been able to make our IEMs more and more flush, hence our customs are getting narrower faceplates. The upside of this is nice well fitting IEMs that can be used under helmets and when sleeping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back