Unique Melody MEST Indigo Thanksgiving Exclusive Model
Nov 15, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #33 of 53
Nov 15, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #34 of 53
dcd59fae581e55065424760ee6233e01.png
Edit: FR is even warmer which is interesting. MKII was already too smoothed over and dull for my preferences, but if the technicalities of Indigo are improved, it could be a great musical companion/ TOTL generalist iem.

MEST MKI will go down as a classic, it's probably the best piece of audio of 2019 and still the better iteration between it and MKII in my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Nov 15, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #35 of 53
MEST Indigo-- 2021 Thanksgiving Exclusive Model

The Revolution will never stop.

9 Traditional Acoustic Drivers + 1 dBC-s Dual Sides Bone Conduction System

Infinite, Incredible, MEST Indigo

0001.jpg
You know us, and you’ve heard the magic of MEST. But you may not know the infinite potential of the bone conduction system and the quadbrid design. So here we go, at the moment of MEST’s 3 years old birthday, and as the Thanksgiving tribute to all our fans, we are proudly announcing the newest MEST thanksgiving western exclusive model—MEST Indigo!

Major upgrades:

• 2 more EST drivers for the smoothest treble in the line-up. The driver configuration now is: 4EST+1DD+4BA+dBC-s BC system
  • Upgraded M3 Copper custom cable manufactured by PW Audio
  • Newest materials--Aircraft-grade Indigo Carbon Fiber + Fruit Wood Faceplates
  • Replaceable Filter
  • Upgraded Dignis Case (same as Mason)

0002.jpg

0003.jpg

0004.jpg

0005.jpg

0006.jpg

0007.jpg

0008.jpg

0009.jpg

0010.jpg

0011.jpg

0012.jpg
MSRP: $2699 limited 200 sets
Early Birds Deal:MSRP: $2459 + First 50 customers will receive a free UM accessory package.

Pre-order at
Musicteck
$2699? Why so high the average consumer wont even look or touch it? Is it made of 24k gold? This would be more expensive

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #36 of 53
FR is no good. MKII was already too smoothed over and dull.

MEST MKI will go down as a classic, it's probably the best piece of audio of 2019 and still the best iteration in my personal opinion.
I have the opposite opinion lol The MK1 was too harsh. The MkII is definitely one of the best IEMs ever made and its treble could still be toned down a bit.

Nov 15, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #37 of 53
$2699? Why so high the average consumer wont even look or touch it? Is it made of 24k gold? This would be more expensive
Because some of these IEMs are now consider a luxury item like Swiss watches and every MFG are applying the principle of Veblen good to high end items. Given the time of easy monetary policy, people at the top are flush with loose money, MFG know they can get away with it so why wouldn't they take advantage of it? If we have another 08 GFC all over again, you'll likely see these type of pricing principle take a backseat or not as blatant as it is now.

Nov 15, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #38 of 53
It's not meant for the average consumer. The average consumer wouldn't spend hundreds let alone thousands of dollars on IEMs. Audiophiles are a niche market. High end IEMs are considered a luxury item.

Nov 15, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #39 of 53
>>Pre-order now<<
estimated shipping date: November 20, 2021

More pictures
WeChat Image_20211111075854.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075813.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075849.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075859.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075904.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075908.jpegWeChat Image_20211111075844.jpeg
Although the IEMs of the Mest series are not the most expensive products of the UM family, the tuning is indeed widely recognized by the public. I think I should buy it without hesitation.

Nov 23, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #42 of 53
Just a quick mini impression on Indigo. The treble sounds noticeably tamed and smooth comparing to Odin.
On N6iiTi Odin sounds quite harsh comparing to Indigo. Not sure what's up with EE but they always seem to be a dollar short when it comes to tuning.
Like X I just loved the emotion but excessively elevated bass was a major turn off. Anyway, no more shouty upper-mid treble to worry with Indigo
while still enjoying superb clarity and transparency through 4 estat drivers. The bass is also top notch as in Odin. There is a certain sense of air to its bass
perhaps due to bone conductor? More burning will determine the true nature of Indigo. On a side note Indigo works best on its stock cable as presentation on
Centurion was a bit laid back while on First Times was bloated.

Nov 24, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #43 of 53
Just a quick mini impression on Indigo. The treble sounds noticeably tamed and smooth comparing to Odin.
On N6iiTi Odin sounds quite harsh comparing to Indigo. Not sure what's up with EE but they always seem to be a dollar short when it comes to tuning.
Like X I just loved the emotion but excessively elevated bass was a major turn off. Anyway, no more shouty upper-mid treble to worry with Indigo
while still enjoying superb clarity and transparency through 4 estat drivers. The bass is also top notch as in Odin. There is a certain sense of air to its bass
perhaps due to bone conductor? More burning will determine the true nature of Indigo. On a side note Indigo works best on its stock cable as presentation on
Centurion was a bit laid back while on First Times was bloated.
Have you ever tried the original MEST or MEST MKII?

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #45 of 53
A quick update upon my impression of the Indigo: In short, it is the quickest and most engaging in the MEST line. It is also the most transparent among all 3 models. The bass goes even deeper and has more impact than MEST and MEST MKII. The energy from upper bass to upper mids is more natural than MKII. Alex @twister6 has just finished his detailed review, it is very informative. If you are eyeing indigo, I suggest you read this great review!

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back