Unique Melody Mentor debut in Tokyo e-earphone festival
Oct 19, 2014 at 6:44 AM Post #676 of 850
Just looked on re-shelling my universals to customs. It will not cost you more than $300 (exluding going to the doctor for impressions)

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #677 of 850
  The Mentor is amazing... I am considering selling my Universals because the are not comfortable for me to wear 6-8 hours a day at work. I have never tried different ear tips with IEM. I am wondering if it would make a difference. I am also wondering how the soud sig changes with silver cable.... The sound is already amazing 

the CIEM there is being made with PC 3D, not the old school, the fit is so epic and too comfortable, technology <3 the sound from the CIEM is better too due the isolation difference.

and the tips issues will be gone as well.

oh the silver cable make the mentor rocks, someone did recommend the Oslo II cable for me, also a Mentor user here is selling his DHC or what ever was the brand, cable , its silver occ type 4 litz, 250$ i say avoid the waiting time and get it, i bought a silver cable too, but from toxic cables.

check the cables page, i saw it today, and you can ask him about the sound he got a mentor as i said, his DP is the one with solid snake from Metal Gear solid 4

Oct 19, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #678 of 850

i hope by the time i reach my 1500th post they will have a new FlagShip, i don't mind it, but i don't see this happening, unless they go for a warmer sound sig and bass head kind of CIEM, who knows.

I wouldn't be surprised if UM are preparing a 12 driver competitor to the Roxanne. They already have a template in the Maestro and the Legacy. The Mentors are amazing, but they haven't gained enough traction in the CIEM world. At least not to the levels the Miracle reached.

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #680 of 850
Finally had time to go test the Merlin and Mentor. I think I will go with the Merlin in the end.. The bass of the Merlin swayed me over. Not to say Mentor has no bass but just different type. And also going the custom route as advised by the sales person. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 Hope going custom will make it sound even better since this is my first custom. 

Oct 22, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #681 of 850
  Finally had time to go test the Merlin and Mentor. I think I will go with the Merlin in the end.. The bass of the Merlin swayed me over. Not to say Mentor has no bass but just different type. And also going the custom route as advised by the sales person. 
bigsmile_face.gif
 Hope going custom will make it sound even better since this is my first custom.

The custom version might sound a little better than the universal fit, but it's the comfort that will amaze you. I can listen for over an hour on my Mentors and not feel at all uncomfortable.

Anyway, congrats on your first custom purchase. It's a good choice, too. 
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #682 of 850

The custom version might sound a little better than the universal fit, but it's the comfort that will amaze you. I can listen for over an hour on my Mentors and not feel at all uncomfortable.

Anyway, congrats on your first custom purchase. It's a good choice, too. 
smile.gif

+1

the comfort from UM shells are way better than the 1st generation due them using 3D technology, fit on spot, i mean Technology does it 100% compared to the old school way were they had to trim it, but they can't undo mistakes in real life compared with PC programs

the power ot CTRL + Z !!!! lol.

Oct 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #683 of 850
  +1

the comfort from UM shells are way better than the 1st generation due them using 3D technology, fit on spot, i mean Technology does it 100% compared to the old school way were they had to trim it, but they can't undo mistakes in real life compared with PC programs

the power ot CTRL + Z !!!! lol.

Do you have a link which describes the 3D printing UM uses for their recent CIEMs? I'm interested to know more. Thanks. 
smile.gif

Oct 22, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #684 of 850

Do you have a link which describes the 3D printing UM uses for their recent CIEMs? I'm interested to know more. Thanks. 
smile.gif

i think Stephen told me that on email conversation, so :p feel free to ask him ^^

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:02 PM Post #686 of 850
I'm also coming from the Heir 3.ai's to the Mentors. Though I purchased used CIEM mentors and will need to get a reshell. You guys mentioned that the best way to go about this is to contact Stephen through custom-iems yeah? The stock image they provided for the mentor customs is literally the design I had in mind except with a more purple tinge to it. I look forward to listening to these in a couple months. The sound signature fits my preference to the T.

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #687 of 850
  I'm also coming from the Heir 3.ai's to the Mentors. Though I purchased used CIEM mentors and will need to get a reshell. You guys mentioned that the best way to go about this is to contact Stephen through custom-iems yeah? The stock image they provided for the mentor customs is literally the design I had in mind except with a more purple tinge to it. I look forward to listening to these in a couple months. The sound signature fits my preference to the T.

I got my Mentors through a local store in Singapore. However, I've read that Stephen Guo is very responsive and a pleasure to deal with. You could try contacting him via www.custom-iem.com and see how he could help you with your reshelling needs.

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #689 of 850
My advice is wait till 2015. There are a lot of very good DAPs in waiting.

Nov 2, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #690 of 850

I wouldn't be surprised if UM are preparing a 12 driver competitor to the Roxanne. They already have a template in the Maestro and the Legacy. The Mentors are amazing, but they haven't gained enough traction in the CIEM world. At least not to the levels the Miracle reached.

and now the 1964 Ears ADEL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back