Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Sep 18, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #62 of 381
Fedex just delivered mine!

I found them very comfortable, really like the cable seems to be well above average, not impressed with the era bends, the black heatshrink looks very cheap, I wonder why they didn't use a clear one.

How does it sound?? Especially in comparison with your Noble. Like your photos, and setup. Very nice. :thumbsup:

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #63 of 381
How does it sound?? Especially in comparison with your Noble. Like your photos, and setup. Very nice. :thumbsup:
thanks,
I dont want to give a feedback too early, I'm waiting for a balance cable and for the moment I'm letting them burn in.

I feel the the treble is there, the vocals seem slightly more recessed, the sound stage is present, not as wide as the LCDi4, but again, I want to burn it in for a week at least.

One thing noticed that the silicon and the foam tips have different dimension, the silicon one allows to insert the iem closer to the ear, I'm uploading a picture to show it and this can affect the sound signature.

IMG_4740.jpg

Sep 18, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #64 of 381
thanks,
I dont want to give a feedback too early, I'm waiting for a balance cable and for the moment I'm letting them burn in.

I feel the the treble is there, the vocals seem slightly more recessed, the sound stage is present, not as wide as the LCDi4, but again, I want to burn it in for a week at least.

One thing noticed that the silicon and the foam tips have different dimension, the silicon one allows to insert the iem closer to the ear, I'm uploading a picture to show it and this can affect the sound signature.

Looks really beautiful and you shoot some excellent pics man.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #65 of 381
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully a few of you guys out there know me or are familiar with me to some extent from the past. I've been working with Unique Melody for some time now and I just wanted to pop in and say hello real quick. If anyone has any questions or comments about the ME.1 or Unique Melody as a whole, definitely feel free to reach out to me!

Being new to the MOT status, I'll try to help you guys out without stepping on any toes or breaking any rules. Admittedly, having been an active member on the forums for so long, I'm definitely not familiar or used to the restrictions! Let me know if anything's out of bounds or such.

Thanks for everyone's interest in the ME.1 and support for Unique Melody! :ksc75smile:

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #67 of 381
first english language review is up

https://headfonics.com/2017/09/the-me-1-by-unique-melody/

the review by and large tallied with what i heard at the two hour-long sessions i’ve have with the iems.
Interesting. As much as I'd love to get them and try'em myself, the ME.1 seem to be exactly what I'd expect from an "planar IEM". Alas it seems that they suffer from the typical ortho-syndromes; namely getting the acoustic damping right.
That also got me thinking. Why not reuse this design-idea for more conventional dynamic drivers? An EX1000 without the limitations of the off-axis angle might be just perfect. Big sound, big isolation, big winner?

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #68 of 381
thanks,

Let’s hear some impressions after a week then. Curious how it stacks up against the i4.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #69 of 381
I tried contacting info@uniquemelody.org but receive no reply. Does anyone know what is their proper address? Really interested in getting a pair of ME1 someday. :) I like the UM house sound, value, and build quality. They're commendable.

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #70 of 381
Sep 21, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #71 of 381
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #73 of 381
What tips are people using with the ME1?

I use silicon ones, I'm testing few, due to the dimension of the nozzle I use a size smaller than on my KSE1500.

Due to the shape of the earphones I like to insert them with a twist, (like a ciem) and therefore I don't find the foam tips practical with this movement.

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #75 of 381
Has anyone been able to compare the ME.1 with the Maestro V2? I really enjoyed the Maestro V1 at RMAF a couple of years ago, and am looking forward to trying out the ME.1 and new Maestro at RMAF in a couple of weeks.

@Cotnijoe Any FR graphs available to compare the ME.1 with the Maestro in the meantime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back