Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Sep 10, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 381
I've got my unit few days ago and marked me as impressed.
First impression builtwise it feels more premium than the the Audeze planar IEM line. Honestly when I look at this they remind me more of the Audeze planar headphone than when I look at Audeze IEM.

Now in terms of fit I find them less comfortable than the Audeze. However long term I found the Audeze over the ear hooks painful.

Now in terms of sound for me (without using DSP and bare in mind this is just based on an hour A/B testing in a store) it best the iSine 20/10 however the iSine cost less than the ME.1. In terms of transparency and speed the LCDi4 best the ME.1

Now in terms of isolation ME.1 best the three Audeze IEM.

Now what makes things even more exciting ME.1 comes in custom form, now for home usage I am more than happy to live just with ME.1 and HUGO if they were my only two product I get to keep. Now I am tempted to get the custom form however I do want to review the universal as I know more people will be interested in the universal form.

More to come later.
Just a small update: at higher volumes I hear the treble little too energetic and it appears to be source dependent.

I think maybe while you don't need an amp to get an idea how the ME.1 sound however they ME.1 require steady source of current to remain stable.
Maybe sensitive to sources with poor IMD measurements, more to come.

Thank you for your impressions,
I'm surprise the earphone is less comfortable than the Audeze one, I've tested one back at CanJam NYC and I was pleasantly surprise regarding the fitting.

Regarding the treble, can you share with with sources you find it too energetic?

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #19 of 381
IMG_1467.JPG IMG_1468.JPG IMG_1469.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1470.JPG
    IMG_1470.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1455.JPG
    IMG_1455.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1456.JPG
    IMG_1456.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1458.JPG
    IMG_1458.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1460.JPG
    IMG_1460.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Sep 11, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #23 of 381
I hear a faint high pitch resonance at let say 3-5 KH freq. I'm still testing it, I love it's overall tonality but I know if I ever was to recommend it I say pay the extra few hundred and get the custom version. Universal version isn't for people with small ear holes.

Sep 12, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #24 of 381
Another update: ME.1 is source dependent, which is a good thing as initially I suspected something wrong with the IEM itself. But as it turns out that is not the case.

Now I could be wrong and it could be a power thing. Right now plugged into Chord Mojo, the same music and from Mojo the sound is effortless compared to Calyx M.

Now I still feel the 4-6 khz energy is still present but it is much more controlled coming from Mojo.

Sep 12, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #25 of 381
Another update: ME.1 is source dependent, which is a good thing as initially I suspected something wrong with the IEM itself. But as it turns out that is not the case.

Now I could be wrong and it could be a power thing. Right now plugged into Chord Mojo, the same music and from Mojo the sound is effortless compared to Calyx M.

Now I still feel the 4-6 khz energy is still present but it is much more controlled coming from Mojo.

using sony zx2 with or without alo rx is imo, rather more synergistic than mojo, which reduced what made me.1 "special" ie its spatial qualities and effortless liquidity.

Sep 13, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #29 of 381
Wonder how easy it is to drive (is it OK by a DAP without external Amp) ?

for example, my iSine 20 are driven OK with my SP1000 while the LCD-i4 (IMO) really need an external AMP due to it's low efficiency.

Sep 13, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #30 of 381
Wonder how easy it is to drive (is it OK by a DAP without external Amp) ?

for example, my iSine 20 are driven OK with my SP1000 while the LCD-i4 (IMO) really need an external AMP due to it's low efficiency.

I dont think the SP1000 will have any difficulties to drive these iems.
when I tested them an CanJam NYC I used my WM1Z with a SE cable and it was more than enough. I agree that the LCDi4 needs a more powerful amp but these one won't.

@audionewbi, what is your impression?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back