Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Sep 21, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #76 of 381
Has anyone been able to compare the ME.1 with the Maestro V2? I really enjoyed the Maestro V1 at RMAF a couple of years ago, and am looking forward to trying out the ME.1 and new Maestro at RMAF in a couple of weeks.

@Cotnijoe Any FR graphs available to compare the ME.1 with the Maestro in the meantime?

I'm not sure I'd be allowed to post FR, but let me know if I'm wrong on that one. We generally use FR graphs to show consistency in QC more so than signature anyways, as we accept that measurements aren't perfect in that regard.

Marcus has both units and may be able to help you out with that one.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #78 of 381
but i find measurements in internet, they are on the impressions thread

Let me know if this helps at all. The upper one is a scan of a Maestro V2 measurement while the bottom colored one is ME.1. I'm sure mods can let me know if there's any sort of issue with this.

Again, take it with a grain of salt as our measurement apparatus is far from perfect.

Scan.jpg
Untitled11.jpg

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #81 of 381
Let me know if this helps at all. The upper one is a scan of a Maestro V2 measurement while the bottom colored one is ME.1. I'm sure mods can let me know if there's any sort of issue with this.

Again, take it with a grain of salt as our measurement apparatus is far from perfect.

Cotnijoe, may I ask if you've heard the ME1? If yes, what do you think of its sound in comparison with your Maestro 2? :) Thanks for sharing earlier.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #82 of 381
Cotnijoe, may I ask if you've heard the ME1? If yes, what do you think of its sound in comparison with your Maestro 2? :) Thanks for sharing earlier.

Without going into too much detail, generally speaking the Maestro V2 is tuned to have a fuller lower midrange and a bit more midbass thump. The ME.1 shouldn't sound thin or sharp in the upper midrange, but will have a bit less warmth in that regard. Of course, the ME.1 is an open design so it has some advantages and disadvantages from that as well.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #83 of 381
Without going into too much detail, generally speaking the Maestro V2 is tuned to have a fuller lower midrange and a bit more midbass thump. The ME.1 shouldn't sound thin or sharp in the upper midrange, but will have a bit less warmth in that regard. Of course, the ME.1 is an open design so it has some advantages and disadvantages from that as well.

Yup for me the sub-bass on the ME.1 is stronger, purer and generates some really nice power. More like a headphone than an IEM in that respect.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #84 of 381
The ME1 open design I think will help reduce any excessive peaks and warmth. And improves separation, not to mention stage dimension. It's a great complement IMO.

Sep 22, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #85 of 381
first english language review is up

https://headfonics.com/2017/09/the-me-1-by-unique-melody/

the review by and large tallied with what i heard at the two hour-long sessions i’ve have with the iems.
Thank you deafdoorknob. What a wonderful comprehensive review. Surprising sound character, the sub-bass increase and upper-bass decrease seems to help position the bass better relative to midrange instruments and vocals. Or, does it?

Anyway, happy listening. :)

Contact Susie at service@uniquemelody.org

Otherwise you can order from the US dealer and save $40
https://shop.musicteck.com/products/me-1-by-unique-melody
Thank you, I've received a reply from Susie. :) I think I'm going to order one. Can't help it. I really like the quality of UM's products. And the ME1 unique design and features is just too tempting to pass.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #86 of 381
Thank you deafdoorknob. What a wonderful comprehensive review. Surprising sound character, the sub-bass increase and upper-bass decrease seems to help position the bass better relative to midrange instruments and vocals. Or, does it?

Anyway, happy listening my friend. :)

Thank you, I've received a reply from Susie. :) I think I'm going to order one. Can't help it. I really like the quality of UM's products. And the ME1 unique design and features is just too tempting to pass.

Yeah I just told Um this one is my no 2 in the bag for travel alongside the A18 from 64 Audio. I am hugely into anything that filters for bad sound pressure in the ear, need to prevent any lasting damage to my poor ears :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back