Unique Melody Flagships--Mason & Mentor Announcement and Impression Thread
Jan 23, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #106 of 377
Just got email from Musictek that buying those will get free HiBy RS6 or Paw 6000
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.16.07 AM.png

Wow, that's just silly. It's not a manufacturer bundle since these are HiBy and Lotoo DAPs, so it's something specifically on the dealer's end as a deal. That literally means that the dealer can throw in a $1400 MSRP DAP for free and still make a profitable margin on these.

@UniqueMelody, what the heck is going on here? How can you still justify that extra cost with this massive cut to the IEM's value less than a week after the IEMs released?

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #107 of 377
Screen Shot 2022-01-23 at 9.16.07 AM.png

Wow, that's just silly. It's not a manufacturer bundle since these are HiBy and Lotoo DAPs, so it's something specifically on the dealer's end as a deal. That literally means that the dealer can throw in a $1400 MSRP DAP for free and still make a profitable margin on these.

@UniqueMelody, what the heck is going on here? How can you still justify that extra cost with this massive cut to the IEM's value less than a week after the IEMs released?
I think this is more of a credit to Andrew at MusicTeck actually, that he is willing to cut into his margins. Without knowing what the RH is costing him there’s no way of knowing what his profit is on it. Additionally, I know he has offered IEMs on sale at a loss.

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #108 of 377
I think this is more of a credit to Andrew at MusicTeck actually, that he is willing to cut into his margins. Without knowing what the RH is costing him there’s no way of knowing what his profit is on it. Additionally, I know he has offered IEMs on sale at a loss.

I doubt authorized dealers can set minimum pricing or set discounts arbitrarily without manufacturer's concurrence (vertical restraints).

Of course it's all just conjecture.

But the important point here is the excessive pricing relative to what it costs to manufacture these IEMs (COGS).

No one should just accept "because it sounds good" nonsense.

With that being said, Andrew at Musicteck provides first-rate service!!!

Jan 23, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #109 of 377
With that being said, Andrew at Musicteck provides first-rate service!!!
I think this is more of a credit to Andrew at MusicTeck

Yeah I didn’t mean to throw shade on MusicTeck but more at the situation and especially at Unique Melody for their role in it. Andrew and the crew at MusicTeck are fantastic, especially since they are trying to make this abysmally priced IEM have slightly more value. If it were only more reasonably priced to begin with…

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #110 of 377
Unique Melody Mason Red Halo (Red Halo FE) with Newest Generation Bone Conduction System

Our innovation will never stop.

Today, I am introducing our newest house-designed Bone Conduction System dBC-s Gen II – Two Silver-Palladium Alloy 12.5 mm Planar supporting panels mingle with 27 ceramic vibration layers, alone with our limited Mason Red Halo and Red Halo FE flagship headphones.

dBC-s Gen II is the world's first high-end bone conduction system that plays the primary role in high fidelity headphones. The major sound improvement of the dBC-s Gen II is in the bass region. Compared to the original dBC-s, the newer system can reach the bottom of the sub-bass and create impactful yet authentic bass rumbles. It broadly expands the Red Halo’s music adaptability. Compared to the Mason FS’s fantastic performance in vocals and acoustics, Red Halo is now able to extend the top performance in POP, Rock, EDM, and a lot more genres.

Red Halo

PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgPC-009.jpg

Red Halo FE
PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgPC-009.jpg

Red Halo MSRP: $7999

Red Halo FE MSRP: $6499

It's amazing how far IEM technology has evolved over the past few years. The Red Halos are gorgeous! 😊

Jan 24, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #112 of 377
Wow. Unbelievable prices. In four months these will be 50% off on the used market and still be one of the most expensive IEM's to purchase. I'm a hard out at anything above the $2000 price tag for IEM's.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #113 of 377
And I thought 6000$ for Traili was too much. Unbelievable prices. I just wonder will these be better than something like a full-blown headphone setup like the Focal Utopia or something of that level.

Jan 25, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #114 of 377
I sold my Fusang a month ago and bought the new EE legend Evo just because of much better bass (especially sub bass, mid bass was more than enough in Fusang) and much better bone conductor driver. I decided to make a switch right after 5 minutes with the new Legend Evo, but now after the new BCD came out in the Mason model, I start to regret a bit: D

P.s

One thing that disappoints me with UM, their models have little demand on the used market, and they go down a lot in price after release, EE is easy to sell, and EE Odin still costs the same after 2.5 years, my friend sold 2 years old Odin for 2600 $, I sold my 6 months old Fusang for 2600 $ too, it is a something that can tell you about the real value of these products.

And I thought 6000$ for Traili was too much. Unbelievable prices. I just wonder will these be better than something like a full-blown headphone setup like the Focal Utopia or something of that level.

My opinion is that almost all the new super IEMs (Odin, Legend Evo, Trailli, Fusang, Fir Xenon6) already compete with the top tier OEMs, I even owned Empyrean, and tested lcd5, susvara, shangri-la, stax 9000 etc, I does not hear much difference in sound level. Therefore I go for the top tier IEMs instead.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #115 of 377
My opinion is that almost all the new super IEMs (Odin, Legend Evo, Trailli, Fusang, Fir Xenon6) already compete with the top tier OEMs, I even owned Empyrean, and tested lcd5, susvara, shangri-la, stax 9000 etc, I does not hear much difference in sound level. Therefore I go for the top tier IEMs instead.
That's a mouthful right there. Hard to imagine iems are giving an equal experience as over ear. Amazing how far technology has come.

Jan 25, 2022 at 8:12 PM Post #117 of 377
That's a mouthful right there. Hard to imagine iems are giving an equal experience as over ear. Amazing how far technology has come.
In the new Legend Evo, with their latest BC driver you can almost get the experience of speakers, it sends very physical vibrations right in the head and it almost feels like you are standing in the middle of the night club and getting bass and music from different sides, that is amazing. I really hope UM comes up with such a BC driver one day too, because I like UM flagship tonality very much, but now I became addicted to the experience that UM IEMs currently can not give me,unfortunately.

Campfire Audio? Periodic Audio? Grasp? Not sure the $6k Chinese sound any better than good to great American iems.
You. Are. Wrong.

Exactly. Together with that it creates the “FOMO” or fear of missing out.
Smells like it is a cryptonian here :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #118 of 377
I sold my Fusang a month ago and bought the new EE legend Evo just because of much better bass (especially sub bass, mid bass was more than enough in Fusang) and much better bone conductor driver. I decided to make a switch right after 5 minutes with the new Legend Evo, but now after the new BCD came out in the Mason model, I start to regret a bit: D

P.s

One thing that disappoints me with UM, their models have little demand on the used market, and they go down a lot in price after release, EE is easy to sell, and EE Odin still costs the same after 2.5 years, my friend sold 2 years old Odin for 2600 $, I sold my 6 months old Fusang for 2600 $ too, it is a something that can tell you about the real value of these products.
the addiction that is the iem market. honestly just enjoy what you have instead of looking for the next great things, legend evo probably rocks big time

Jan 25, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #119 of 377
Wow. Unbelievable prices. In four months these will be 50% off on the used market and still be one of the most expensive IEM's to purchase. I'm a hard out at anything above the $2000 price tag for IEM's.
I myself still can't justify spending over $1000 on iem.... that's why I'm looking at Monach mk2, Fiio FD7 and another stretch to 2nd hand Final A8000

Jan 26, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #120 of 377
Even price is not equivalent of performance, I think consumers still have the valid reason to have such expectation. For me, the first upgrade of IEM from a $60 KZ AS10 to $300 T800 is a huge dissappointment. However, from $300 to $720 (Monarch OG) is justifiable since I can clearly tell the difference and I enjoy Monarch a lot more. Next upgrade is to the $1,400 range (Mest Mk2), and I can still hear the improvement. Everyone knows the diminishing return, however, it is still depending on who you are to make the call that the last improvement is negligible. I guess I may eventually try some endgame IEM in the $3,000 range, but absolutely not anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back