Unique Melody Flagships--Mason & Mentor Announcement and Impression Thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #121 of 377
Even price is not equivalent of performance, I think consumers still have the valid reason to have such expectation. For me, the first upgrade of IEM from a $60 KZ AS10 to $300 T800 is a huge dissappointment. However, from $300 to $720 (Monarch OG) is justifiable since I can clearly tell the difference and I enjoy Monarch a lot more. Next upgrade is to the $1,400 range (Mest Mk2), and I can still hear the improvement. Everyone knows the diminishing return, however, it is still depending on who you are to make the call that the last improvement is negligible. I guess I may eventually try some endgame IEM in the $3,000 range, but absolutely not anymore.
The only difference between 3k$ IEMs(Odin,Legend Evo,Fir Xenon6,64 Fourte etc) and 6k$ IEMS(Traiilii,Mason etc) is tonality. Sound level is almost the same.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #122 of 377
The only difference between 3k$ IEMs(Odin,Legend Evo,Fir Xenon6,64 Fourte etc) and 6k$ IEMS(Traiilii,Mason etc) is tonality. Sound level is almost the same.
This!

Jan 26, 2022 at 7:16 PM Post #123 of 377
And bundled cables. :p

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:16 AM Post #124 of 377
Jan 27, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #125 of 377
...and the size of the wallet of the person showing them around :L3000:
seems C19 is making people's wallets thicker n thicker with all those freshly printed gov't issued greenbacks

Feb 4, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #126 of 377
Okay, that's all cool, but has anyone here heard the Red Halo FS or whatever the MOST EXPENSIVE version is? Any impressions compared to the old blue Mason FS? I have a Mason FS from a year ago and I don't feel too miffed that they're making a new (red) one. The Mason FS is a very special sounding IEM, unique enough that it will never depreciate for me personally. And it comes with the Attila cable which is an ultra rare PW Audio cable that makes the Trailli sound amazing.

Still curious to here comparisons and impressions. The marketing makes it sound like Mason FS (blue) but with more soundstage? Which is weird, since the circular (quite small but actually very large) odd soundstage is one of the Mason FS's main features.

Feb 4, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #128 of 377
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #130 of 377
This is getting ridiculous… and this is coming from a MEST Indigo owner.

That being said, can’t imagine anything sounding much better - if something does, it would fiscally make sense for it to need to cost a significantly more expensive amount to be believable.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Indigo sounds better too, straight up. So much marketing behind this initiative, and especially subjectivity.

As a fan of UM, I personally find these practices are a bit distasteful and damaging to this already damaged hobby.

My 2 cents
how's the Indigo performance on vocals?consider it between and Mest II

Feb 13, 2022 at 2:39 AM Post #131 of 377
I imagine the original Mason FS released less than a year ago was made obsolete by these two new models.

Unique Melody Mason Red Halo (Red Halo FE) with Newest Generation Bone Conduction System

Our innovation will never stop.

Today, I am introducing our newest house-designed Bone Conduction System dBC-s Gen II – Two Silver-Palladium Alloy 12.5 mm Planar supporting panels mingle with 27 ceramic vibration layers, alone with our limited Mason Red Halo and Red Halo FE flagship headphones.

dBC-s Gen II is the world's first high-end bone conduction system that plays the primary role in high fidelity headphones. The major sound improvement of the dBC-s Gen II is in the bass region. Compared to the original dBC-s, the newer system can reach the bottom of the sub-bass and create impactful yet authentic bass rumbles. It broadly expands the Red Halo’s music adaptability. Compared to the Mason FS’s fantastic performance in vocals and acoustics, Red Halo is now able to extend the top performance in POP, Rock, EDM, and a lot more genres.

Red Halo

PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgPC-009.jpg

Red Halo FE
PC-001.jpgPC-002.jpgPC-003.jpgPC-004.jpgPC-005.jpgPC-006.jpgPC-007.jpgPC-008.jpgPC-009.jpg

Red Halo MSRP: $7999

Red Halo FE MSRP: $6499

these are the best sounding IEMs that I have ever listened to. The Lows and the soundstage are out of this world. And I thought that the original version was unbeatable……definitely the new level of sound advancement.

Feb 14, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #134 of 377
Does anybody have an experience with both the Traillii and Indigo? If so, a short comparison would be much appreciated.
Hi there, just got the chance to hear a friend’s Trailli over the weekend and own Indigo.

Generally speaking, I prefer a Hi-Fi sound with great technicals, speed and great dynamic contrast. For these reasons, I was fully ready to admit these could outperform my Indigo.

Sadly, not the case for me. I found the trailli to have quite a more fragile sound with less nuance dynamics, less body, less texturing.

That being said, they’re phenomenal still, just you’re aware you’re listening to a reproduction of sound whereas with Indigo it’s musically accurate and exhilaratingly good as it sounds like real life.

As someone who’s tried nearly all totl iem’s, I firmly believe Indigo is the best overall, and a bargain for its price.

Shocked to see so many selling low lately, people should jump on the opportunity when they see it, this is a special product (Susvara, Utopia & Z1R caliber game-changing).

I guess it being chi-fi is what makes it less enticing

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 14, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #135 of 377
Hi there, just got the chance to hear a friend’s Trailli over the weekend and own Indigo.

Generally speaking, I prefer a Hi-Fi sound with great technicals, speed and great dynamic contrast. For these reasons, I was fully ready to admit these could outperform my Indigo.

Sadly, not the case for me. I found the trailli to have quite a more fragile sound with less nuance dynamics, less body, less texturing.

That being said, they’re phenomenal still, just you’re aware you’re listening to a reproduction of sound whereas with Indigo it’s musically accurate and exhilaratingly good as it sounds like real life.

As someone who’s tried nearly all totl iem’s, I firmly believe Indigo is the best overall, and a bargain for its price.

Shocked to see so many selling low lately, people should jump on the opportunity when they see it, this is a special product (Susvara, Utopia & Z1R caliber game-changing).

I guess it being chi-fi is what makes it less enticing
Yeah that and the high possibility of a new MEST Moss Green being just around the corner...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back