Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Jul 5, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #886 of 926
Sorry, we don't have the carbon fiber patterns available at the moment, but hopefully in the near future. ~

Quote:
Thanks UniqueMelodyAus.
Do you know if there are any faceplates other than the brushed metal style (like KeManming's) that are available?  My mind is going towards something like a carbon fiber weave pattern but not sure if it can be done even if I supplied a jpg file.  I know it potentially could look naff though!

Mistertomlinson
Given you do more manual labour did you give your audiologist any specific instructions when getting the impressions done (ie in addition to keeping still with your mouth open)?

Jul 5, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #887 of 926
Hey there mate, 

As previously stated by Mr Gou above, we don't offer CF weaves at the moment.  We would do a complex artwork print for you and put it on, however we (at UMAus) don't think this would offer an equivalent look to a full CF weave insert.  

If you will be doing lots of manual work and experiencing a lot of ear canal movement, we'd suggest you get open mouth impressions, obviously keeping your jaw as still as possible and ask for your ear canals to be made slightly wider than usual.  This may compromise comfort somewhat, but will ensure you have a higher likelihood of maintaining a great seal even through the most rigorous of activities.

Quote:
Thanks UniqueMelodyAus.
Do you know if there are any faceplates other than the brushed metal style (like KeManming's) that are available?  My mind is going towards something like a carbon fiber weave pattern but not sure if it can be done even if I supplied a jpg file.  I know it potentially could look naff though!

Mistertomlinson
Given you do more manual labour did you give your audiologist any specific instructions when getting the impressions done (ie in addition to keeping still with your mouth open)?

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #888 of 926
That's exactly what I did. My audiologist used a 2" bite block and I also sent an email to Sam asking him to make the canal portion larger (Whether or not he understood is what worries me). I'm guessing they would simply not take off as much when sanding the impressions... or add an extra layer or two of wax. Anyway, I asked him to do it last time I needed a refit and it seemed to do the trick...

Quote:
If you will be doing lots of manual work and experiencing a lot of ear canal movement, we'd suggest you get open mouth impressions, obviously keeping your jaw as still as possible and ask for your ear canals to be made slightly wider than usual.  This may compromise comfort somewhat, but will ensure you have a higher likelihood of maintaining a great seal even through the most rigorous of activities.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #890 of 926
@ MaoDi/project_86 (or anyone else who has tried a few different UM's)

I want to know how the Aero's compare to the Mage as I can get a decent deal on the Aero's ($450) while the Mage's are still a bit too expensive ($668).

I have pretty much settled on these to replace my ER-4P's since I live in Beijing so not only does the should the sound signature suit, but the turn around should be a little quicker.

Thanks
Phil

May 9, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #896 of 926
Passive crossover.

A lot of guys have been asking about really specific details about our IEM!  We're here to help you guys...not for you to fleece our IP! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back