Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Jul 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #766 of 926

Quote:
How does the Miracle stack up to the SE6X3 and TF18?

Like mentioned before, it really comes down to personal preference when you get to this caliber of monitors. SE6X3 is the neutral one, the TF18 is the darker, more fun one, while the Miracle is the one that gives to the speediest, and most crisp highs and high mids.But i rather like the sound signature of the miracle, i'm the guy that likes my highs and mids :D

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #769 of 926
Soundstage wise, the TF18 offers the widest one, where the SE6X3 has the most closed in one. Miracle sits between the two. TF18 is very spacious, and the SE6X3 is closed in as if everything is being played right around you/ 

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #771 of 926
Great thread, really interested in trying some UMs now, after my Freqshows break on me of course.  The Miracles sounds awesome, but $900usd is too steep for me.  The Mage sounds great though, they definitely look drop dead gorgeous, aside from the princess glittery silver letterings... :)

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:46 PM Post #772 of 926
Haha. I have to say UM probably does the best job in aesthetics in the industry today. They're just so good at making that darn shell and putting it together that is hard to think they were put together by hand. The glittery lettering isn't actually that glittery in real life, pictures and words can only say so much :p

Jul 11, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #773 of 926
For gaming and movies, the Miracle will do great right?

Right now my choices are between the Mage and the Miracle, I'm wondering whether I should go for the Mage or save up for the Miracle..

I'll be using them as my all in one customs, in the sense for music, gaming and movies.

Jul 12, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #774 of 926

Quote:
For gaming and movies, the Miracle will do great right?

Right now my choices are between the Mage and the Miracle, I'm wondering whether I should go for the Mage or save up for the Miracle..

I'll be using them as my all in one customs, in the sense for music, gaming and movies.

As with any other hobby, if you can afford it, get the best you can :)  You don't want to regret on a purchase like this! (although I'm sure you will LOVE any decent custom IEM)  As for me, the Miracles are way too much money to spend, I already have to lie about spending $400 on my Freqshows.  If you can afford it and don't mind spending the money, definitely get the best you can, and get your impressions done at a good audiologist.

Jul 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #775 of 926
Yes i would say that the Miracles are a better choice for movies and music all in all. However, the price is a massive difference and not just a small jump. Price to performance wise, the Mage is the way to go. Either way, you'll be happy with both :) but if you're a big lows fan and really really likes movies, i'd say go for the JH11 from JH Audio. In Fact, i just finished a review if you want to know more about it. 

JH Audio JH11 Review : Doppio Basspresso

Jul 12, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #776 of 926
Nope, I actually like my bass to be just enough or low.. I prefer having a great midrange and treble. My favorite cans are the DT880 followed by the K701, but due to college I need full portability..

My priority is music, gaming and movies last.. And in gaming I want a good soundstage to hear footsteps and the likes over the effects.

Guess I will try to save up for the Miracle! If it does turn out to be too much, i will go for the Mage.

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #780 of 926

Quote:
As soon as possible, I'm guessing within two weeks. 

I'll look forward to reading it
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back