Unique Melody Mage Review & Appreciation Thread
Mar 11, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #706 of 926
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, many have told me that about the artwork as well. Even the intermediary I communicated with recommended that I either choose something simple or opt for no artwork at all.

He did say Sam mentioned their White color used in artworks have improved greatly, though, and don't turn yellow anymore after being placed in an "oven" (what I was told, in verbatim). Thing is, I already paid for the IEM + artwork. Though I was told that I could simply go without artwork and I'd get the fees refunded, he said he would get Sam to take photos of it first so I can decide if I want to keep it.

Let's say; if I don't fancy the artwork when I'm emailed the photos, can I just tell them to remove it at no extra cost/hassle? Won't they have to make a completely new shell?
How many days would it take for them to remove the artwork - if you have any idea?

Waiting for them is killing me. I can only hope I don't have any issues with the fit when they finally arrive.

I've read about SA's artwork services as well, but the problem here is, I'm not a resident of the States. Shipping it there would cost a whole lot and consume lots of time, avenues I'm not sure I have too much of.

Ah well, if UM's artwork isn't to my liking, I'll just go for a plain shell.
smily_headphones1.gif

I see what you mean about the shipping etc. Yeah They can just take the artwork off. I believe they just buff it out and repolish the shell. Its thick enough that it wont have any problems. A couple people have done this already i believe. So that would be ok just look at the pics and if your not 100% satisfied then have them take it off.

Mar 12, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #710 of 926
It's hard to explain, but I was at work, preparing to unload our supplies truck. We have a ~10 foot steel ramp built into the floor at our loading dock. You have to raise it to release a steel flap that bridges the gap between the building and the truck's trailer. Once the flap has been released, you have to lower the ramp by walking onto it and often times, jumping on it to bring it back down to floor level, so you can imagine how much force this ramp has coming down. Well, I was on the trailer pulling the flap out by hand because it sometimes gets stuck. I didn't notice my monitors had slipped off my neck and were laying right where the ramp was to land. So, while I'm on the trailer, the truck driver walks onto the ramp to lower it... right on top of my monitors. When I proceeded to walk away, something held me back. I looked down and saw this little cable stuck to my pants and attached to the ramp. I didn't know What it was at first. Then I realized the cable was attached to my iPod and it was indeed my monitors trapped under the ramp. I knew before pulling them loose that there was no way they survived. I was pretty upset about it, but kept telling myself, no one died. LOL.

Anyway, clearly the bass drivers (CI-22955) are destroyed, but the high drivers and crossover in both monitors appear to be in perfect condition. I think the CIs took the majority of damage. Sam told me to send them in and they'll see what can be salvaged, so I may be OK.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #715 of 926
That sucks man i know exactly what your talking about too Ive welded on a few of those docks for a local Coca Cola plant in my city. I can imagine how much force hit those beauties when it came down. Sad sad day
frown.gif
hope you can save some money by salvaging some parts.

Mar 12, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #716 of 926
Dyzoo: I also have Phonak Audeo PFEs, which I love too. To my ears, Mages are much sensitive than the PFEs, and at the same volume level, you should get louder sound than PFEs. Also the Mage's bass is better in term of quantity and quality. Also you will find the Mage's treble is much more extended.

Yes, try with other player.

Artwork: It is up to you. IMHO, artwork-less Mages also nice and beautiful. Mine are in transparent candy blue. and they look like a crystal artwork.
smily_headphones1.gif

mistertomlinson : Sorry, for your unfortunate. BTW, if I am wearing my Mages while working, I just leave my earpieces hang on to my ears. Or to be safe, just put it away or put then in shirt's pocket.

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #718 of 926
Hi

Feel sad for you mistertom. I hope UM will fix it.

bakhtiar : Thank for your reply. I understand something important about custom iem. I got great fit with the phonak but with the mage I need perfect fit. Bad position in ears means "less bass". I tried some tests with a samsung bluray player with a little tube amp (bravo audio) and it's really NICE ! First listening on phonak was superb. With mage it is amazing. Phonak is like a nice cake, it tastes good but Mage adds cream and more delicious tastes lol.
I am looking for a new player for Mage. Please, could anyone help me ?
Thanks

Mar 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #719 of 926
To my ears and preferences, synergy with Sony Walkman X1060 is very good. iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch, iPod Shuffles also good too. Anyway, the best thing is to TRY the player before you buy it.

TQ.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 12, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #720 of 926
MisterTom: Ouch, that hurts me from reading... Hope you get your customs redone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back