Unique Melody Maestro
Oct 4, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #62 of 189
Ive also had a chance with the maestro at RMAF and did enjoy them for the short time i had with them.

Looks to me like UM is really trying to expand the europe and north american market again after being fairly quiet in these regions in the past few years. So im guessing theyre not restricted to a particular region anymore.

I was talking to the UM guys and they might be willing to send in a pair for review, so fingers crossed on that, as it sounds like an iem i might want to spend a little more time with.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #63 of 189
ordered from where? Um said these were Japan only models.

That's quite possible but running an international review site sometimes does have its advantages 
redface.gif
 As a result, I also don't follow the regular ordering procedure.

Ive also had a chance with the maestro at RMAF and did enjoy them for the short time i had with them.

Looks to me like UM is really trying to expand the europe and north american market again after being fairly quiet in these regions in the past few years. So im guessing theyre not restricted to a particular region anymore.

I was talking to the UM guys and they might be willing to send in a pair for review, so fingers crossed on that, as it sounds like an iem i might want to spend a little more time with.

UM does want to "invade" Europe indeed. Maybe they'll be available for EU and US soon, who knows

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #67 of 189
I had a chance to listen to the Maestro and Mentor at RMAF 2015. From my brief time with them, both were impressive. I was surprised because while I've heard the UM name for years, I've never listened to any of their headphones, and they were enjoyable. The Maestro seemed like it had better control over a wide range of genres and the Mentor felt like it handled a few genres very well. The Mentor is certainly the more "fun" IEM of the two, and there are a few genres that don't play nicely.

Strange how the UM site doesn't have the Maestro listed.

Nov 7, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #68 of 189
I finally got myself a demo unit of the Maestro, and I'm really really excited about this product. To me, the Maestro is the answer to the critiques of the Miracle. Many found the Miracle to be a very good and detailed IEM that's a bit dry in the midrange and a bit boosted in the treble, giving it an overall thin sound. The Maestro gives a fuller sound with a slightly smoother treble, while improving upon a lot of other aspects such as soundstage and imaging. I personally hear a lot of the Miracle in the Maestro, and I'm very happy about that!

Definitely interested in seeing Lieven's review of them!

Jan 21, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #72 of 189

Doesn't seem that anyone cares about the Maestro but I just received my tracking number :D

Are they just shipping demo units? Or are they available for retail sale?

Jan 21, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #74 of 189
I feel like theyve been around for a year or so now. I know lievens been waiting forever for his demo haha.

I know you can get them from musicteck which is just a distributor for tthem in the US

Jan 22, 2016 at 6:53 AM Post #75 of 189

Are they just shipping demo units? Or are they available for retail sale?

This is my custom built unit, don't think they're for sale already, I'm not sure

I am having trouble finding much info on the Maestro. Is this a new flagship? 

There's almost no info online, I do have a printed folder about them though. It is the 12 driver flagship

I feel like theyve been around for a year or so now. I know lievens been waiting forever for his demo haha.

From September :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back