Unique Melody Maestro
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #33 of 189
Thanks for sharing VZ. would you say the Mason is similar to the K10? I really have enjoyed the hybrids I've purchased very much... Best of both worlds.

I haven't had enough time to compare them but there are similarities.

I wonder how the maveric fare against 1+2..is the maveric a "japan only"?

I only have the Ref 1 as my 1p2 got into an accident, as in it got nicked. I heard that the Maestro is Japan-only but I'm not sure about the Maverick.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #34 of 189
All these new releases, and yet AUD is soooo crap at the moment...
mad.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #36 of 189
would love to hear comparison for Ref 1

I'll do that as soon as I get back from my trip. I got a few friends who can ID it as well. Any genre of music you'd like me to use?

Oct 28, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #39 of 189
/visceriouszero you have a roxanne to right?can you campare maveric to the roxanne?im planning to get the akr03 then maveric came up now im thinking twice.i listen to .symphonic metal,rock.ae NIGHTWISH.:wink:

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #40 of 189
Oct 29, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #41 of 189
/visceriouszero you have a roxanne to right?can you campare maveric to the roxanne?im planning to get the akr03 then maveric came up now im thinking twice.i listen to .symphonic metal,rock.ae NIGHTWISH.:wink:

I do have both the Universal and Custom Roxannes. I must say I don't listen to them as much as of the moment. I will try both as soon as I can. Also I got Nightwish and Amaranthe, Symphonic Metal is awesome. XD

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:51 AM Post #42 of 189
Thanks for the impressions, VisceriousZERO!

Btw, if you have heard the Mentors, how do they compare with the Masons?

Unique Melody are releasing a lot of new flagships of late - the Mentors came out not too long ago, then the 12 driver trio in the Maestro, Legacy and now the Mason. I'm wondering if the latter 3 are actually the same earphone, just under different guises.

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #43 of 189
  Thanks for the impressions, VisceriousZERO!

Btw, if you have heard the Mentors, how do they compare with the Masons?

Unique Melody are releasing a lot of new flagships of late - the Mentors came out not too long ago, then the 12 driver trio in the Maestro, Legacy and now the Mason. I'm wondering if the latter 3 are actually the same earphone, just under different guises.

They might be. The Maestro was renamed to Mason for the Japanese market I think. I never heard of the Legacy.

I don't have my Mentors with me so I have to get back to you on that.

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #44 of 189

They might be. The Maestro was renamed to Mason for the Japanese market I think. I never heard of the Legacy.

I don't have my Mentors with me so I have to get back to you on that.

The Legacy is a 12 driver universal/custom exclusive to Stereo Singapore (a headphone store).

I think it is far more practical for UM to simply rebadge their 12 driver design under various names than to develop different flagships. At this point, I think we're actually looking at the same IEM here.

Anyway, thanks. I'm looking forward to your impressions! :)

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #45 of 189
/visceriouszero you have the custom and universal!?you must have a lot of TOTL iem to not listen to roxannes..hahaha.il check the amaranthe band i havent heard their songs.but nightwish man they'r one my favorites.
Back on the thread please do share impression,im interested with the maveric having dd + ba on bass..thanks kabayan.:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back