Unique Melody due to release a very unique custom IEM.
Feb 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #31 of 44

Quote:
I am very interested in these and how they implement it.  I am not sure what you mean about the feel of air vibrations, can you please elaborate?

And in the world of high end audio, things take lots of time!

I think he means "rumble" or bass you feel instead of hear

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #35 of 44
Dear UM, Some of the members posted that they have been informed by Unique Melody that merlin would be out end of this month, March. Can you confirm this? you did state that it could be out in december last year.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #36 of 44
...it's coming!.

As we dive into April more info will be available and the Merlin will start being delivered end Apr/May.

Pre-orders are available with a deposit if you are keen.

Impressions, Technical info and reviews will be filtering through within the next 6 weeks...stay tuned.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #37 of 44

Quote:
. Also, I thought that as dynamic is open it would be able to move more air.

That's correct.
That's why a dynamic driver needs to be vented.

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #39 of 44

Quote:
Not need to apologize. UM is making something quite unique indeed. At least I don't know any 5 drivers hybrid - that will probably be the first. I am looking forward to read more about it.

agreed.
hope the sounds don't clash.
the bass would probably improve pretty extensively.
looking forward to reviews.

Mar 26, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #40 of 44
...it's coming!.

As we dive into April more info will be available and the Merlin will start being delivered end Apr/May.

Pre-orders are available with a deposit if you are keen.

Impressions, Technical info and reviews will be filtering through within the next 6 weeks...stay tuned.

nice. looks like a very hard project to get right though. (top tier D/BA hybrid/custom). *provisional_drool*

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:23 AM Post #42 of 44
Does it really need to have that many drivers still? I'd like to see a simpler design with one Dynamic and BA each ear, kind of like a standmount speaker with a 6" mid-bass driver and a ribbon or planar for the upper midrange-highs. Crossed with a steeply on the Dynamic lowpass at around 1khz to 2khz, to retain the more of the vocal range in the BA driver. Imagine the Sennheiser IE7/IE8 from somewhere around 1.5khz down, and the TripleFi10 above that (I've always liked tweeters like Vifa's XT25 paired with something like Focal-JMLab's Polykevlar/K2P 6in or 7in driver.) Simpler crossover and driver array also means it might be easier to drive without an external amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back