Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X Discussion thread.
Jan 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #81 of 118
Got mine this morning - opted to go without the UM logo (preferable, actually). I haven't had time to do a proper listen but initial impression was that it's quite bassy but not in an unpleasant way. Fit is decent without being as nice as a Westone/Fitear.

But, the carry case is amazing. A metal can with screw-on lid and 3X engraved on top. In truth I've spent more time fondling it than listening.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #83 of 118
So, as I said before, I decided to wait another week, so I can have the UM - Logo.

Today I look up the order and it say it is "Completed". According to other members of this thread, this meansd it is already shipped. Can this be?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #85 of 118
i emailed UM and they replied that they are still waiting for the shipment with UM logos. it might just be a glitch in their system.

Soo, mine are at home right now. I am still at work.

Damn, I am pretty shure they sent me one without logo or maybe even worse, a pair that has been used by someone else and sent back to them...

Jan 9, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #87 of 118

@RAFA: please give us a short review of the sound signature before you return it to UK

Thanks

For now there is no reason to send it back. The UM Logo is there and it seems new.

Out of the box impression is somewhat mixed. I much more realzed that I do not like the sound of my DX50. Trying out through my sources.

If you ask me about the signature. In the first few minutes I heard it, I can say that it is somewhat laid back.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #88 of 118
Thank you for sharing your first impression - i'm still waiting for my delivery with the next batch to Austria.
Sorry that you don't like the sound of your DX50. Are you using it with HO or amped with LO?
My main rig is DX50 amped with Tralucent T1 and i like the signature with W4R, IE8 and GR07MK2.
Maybe you will describe later your impression regarding soundstage, resolution and bass impact.
Is the sound signature from UM 3X  V-shaped or more neutral?
I think UM used the experience from their first hybrid ciem Merlin (1 dynamic driver, 4 balanced armatures) and made UM 3X like a "small Merlin" with 1plus2

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #89 of 118
  Thank you for sharing your first impression - i'm still waiting for my delivery with the next batch to Austria.
Sorry that you don't like the sound of your DX50. Are you using it with HO or amped with LO?
My main rig is DX50 amped with Tralucent T1 and i like the signature with W4R, IE8 and GR07MK2.
Maybe you will describe later your impression regarding soundstage, resolution and bass impact.
Is the sound signature from UM 3X  V-shaped or more neutral?
I think UM used the experience from their first hybrid ciem Merlin (1 dynamic driver, 4 balanced armatures) and made UM 3X like a "small Merlin" with 1plus2

Hmm, strange. Maybe this was a small batch, I got.

I tried it directly from the HO. Let aside the DX50, which I like for its form factor and functionality, less for the soundquality. Amped it is good.

I also tried the UM 3X with the Sony PHA-2. Sounds ok - good. Still waiting for the Hifi ET MA9 to load up, which is still my favorite source.

So for they tend to be on the neutral side. Also the highs are rather shy, which disqualifies it to be V-shaped. They have the experience, but somwhere it was stated, that the Merlins definitely are in another league.
Are your UM 3Xs already shipped?

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:01 PM Post #90 of 118

Hmm, strange. Maybe this was a small batch, I got.

I tried it directly from the HO. Let aside the DX50, which I like for its form factor and functionality, less for the soundquality. Amped it is good.

I also tried the UM 3X with the Sony PHA-2. Sounds ok - good. Still waiting for the Hifi ET MA9 to load up, which is still my favorite source.

So for they tend to be on the neutral side. Also the highs are rather shy, which disqualifies it to be V-shaped. They have the experience, but somwhere it was stated, that the Merlins definitely are in another league.
Are your UM 3Xs already shipped?

No, i also got the information from UM regarding the missing logo on the frontplate of their existing stock and decided to wait two additional weeks.  
What do you think about the build quality - is it the same compared to the UM customs?
What iems are your daily favorites from your collection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back