Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X Discussion thread.
Dec 21, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #46 of 118
Sorry for the lack of updates people, I got offered the job after the interview (
biggrin.gif
) and started training today. I'll try and get some impressions up tomorrow after a trip to The Hobbit, here's a couple of pics for now;

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #49 of 118
Thanks Gofre !
They look good , inspired by the ToGo design for the nozzle.
The guide on the cable is longer than on other UM CIEM :frowning2:

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #51 of 118
Sorry for the lack of updates people, I got offered the job after the interview :)D ) and started training today. I'll try and get some impressions up tomorrow after a trip to The Hobbit, here's a couple of pics for now;

nice to see Um jumping on the lower driver # hybrid market.
Looking forward to the impressions
would be a bit worried about the shipping times UM quote :wink: (especially coupled with specials *cough*)
I'd buy a pair but the design with the really wide nozzle suggesting really shallow insertion and poor isolation and fit scares me off (the reason I don't own RDB+ as well :frowning2: )

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #52 of 118
Just to clear up some confusion, both the 2X and 3X will remain exclusive to UM UK for the moment. Should you wish to order globally, we offer international shipping and you can still get take full advantage of our launch promotion.

We were also told the same thing by UM's rep over here, something about the 2x and 3x being exclusive for my country only. The lid is also carved differently with the name of my country on it. Not sure what UM is doing though.

Dec 22, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #54 of 118
Congrat's on the new job.

I'm interested in the isolation as I wear iems at work to block out noise (machinery, chatter etc). 

Also quoting your image, what's the deal with

Is it a vent of some description and does it affect comfort?

Cheers

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #55 of 118
We were also told the same thing by UM's rep over here, something about the 2x and 3x being exclusive for my country only. The lid is also carved differently with the name of my country on it. Not sure what UM is doing though.

I tried them down at Kool Audiophiles and wasn't particularly impressed, but there may be differences between this new release and the VN version.

Dec 22, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #58 of 118

I tried them down at Kool Audiophiles and wasn't particularly impressed, but there may be differences between this new release and the VN version.

From the look of it I suppose little to none alteration has been made, just an observation though, since I won't have a chance to listen to the UK version. 

Ironically if the UK version is really stellar people here might question what happened to the VN version, considering the similar price tags (with vouchers). 

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #59 of 118
Any news on these before the offer runs out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back