Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 21, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #6,901 of 7,305
Mest Mk3 vs Maestro SE ?

Jul 21, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #6,902 of 7,305
Mest Mk3 vs Maestro SE ?

Definitely a case where a picture is worth a thousand words :D

Basshead tuned iem vs balanced tuned iem.

MK3_vs_Maestro_SE.jpg

Jul 21, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #6,903 of 7,305
I got a pair of MEXT from a user who said they didn't have enough bass, well I got them, and they have almost no bass. Counter to every review I've read about them these have the most anemic bass of any IEM I can remember hearing. I tip rolled my usual best tips, only the symbio gave them a smidgen more bass but still so anemic.

The last ones I've owned are the U4s, IE600, Dunu 3001, Meze Rai Penta, Westone Mach50, Plus all my TWS which include the Noble Mystique. MTW3, MTW2, XM4, AZ60 and a few others.

These have to be defective right? I mean every review says the bass is respectable. I thought it would at least be on par to the IE600 but it's not even remotely close to them, like not even 25% of it, or any of the other IEM I've listed.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #6,904 of 7,305
I got a pair of MEXT from a user who said they didn't have enough bass, well I got them, and they have almost no bass. Counter to every review I've read about them these have the most anemic bass of any IEM I can remember hearing. I tip rolled my usual best tips, only the symbio gave them a smidgen more bass but still so anemic.

The last ones I've owned are the U4s, IE600, Dunu 3001, Meze Rai Penta, Westone Mach50, Plus all my TWS which include the Noble Mystique. MTW3, MTW2, XM4, AZ60 and a few others.

These have to be defective right? I mean every review says the bass is respectable. I thought it would at least be on par to the IE600 but it's not even remotely close to them, like not even 25% of it, or any of the other IEM I've listed.
Unless some prankster poked a hole in every one of the tips you rolled, I think so. It should have an around 10db sub-bass focused bass shelf starting from 300hz.

Jul 22, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #6,905 of 7,305

Must be defective, the bass hits strong on these.

Jul 22, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #6,906 of 7,305
Definitely a case where a picture is worth a thousand words :D

Basshead tuned iem vs balanced tuned iem.

MK3_vs_Maestro_SE.jpg
So the only differences is the cable used?

Jul 22, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #6,907 of 7,305

It should be detective, I listened to a demo at a local head-fi shop, its bass slammed really hard and deep with fine texture.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 12:04 AM Post #6,908 of 7,305
Mest MK3 review is up! In addition to a detailed sound analysis, I also focused on MK3 vs MK2, Indigo, and MM comparison. Enjoy the read :)

um-mest-mk3-24.jpg

Jul 23, 2023 at 3:49 AM Post #6,909 of 7,305
Mest MK3 review is up! In addition to a detailed sound analysis, I also focused on MK3 vs MK2, Indigo, and MM comparison. Enjoy the read :)

Another excellent review. Wish UM kept the price the same. It's such a big jump in price, because they saw the Indigo sell out, but the sound quality didn't substantially match the price hike.

I want to see a comparison between MEST MK III and ThieAudio Monarch MK III. The battle of the MK IIIs. :smile:

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #6,910 of 7,305

um-mest-mk3-24.jpg
Another excellent review, glad you waited till you found an Indigo to compare. I love the indigo and adding an Effect Audio Cleopatra 2 and the Softears Liquid Silicone Ear Tips really bought out the best in them for me.

I wonder if you saw my question concerning the difference of frequent response of the the chart you posted? If the only difference was the cables used, doesn’t that show cables do make noticeable differences in sound?

Jul 23, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #6,911 of 7,305
Another excellent review, glad you waited till you found an Indigo to compare. I love the indigo and adding an Effect Audio Cleopatra 2 and the Softears Liquid Silicone Ear Tips really bought out the best in them for me.

I wonder if you saw my question concerning the difference of frequent response of the the chart you posted? If the only difference was the cables used, doesn’t that show cables do make noticeable differences in sound?

Sorry, but you replied to my post where I compared FRs of UM Mest MK3 vs FatFreq Maestro SE, two different iems with a completely different tuning. So, I wasn't sure what you meant by a different cable comment?

Jul 23, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #6,912 of 7,305
Sorry, but you replied to my post where I compared FRs of UM Mest MK3 vs FatFreq Maestro SE, two different iems with a completely different tuning. So, I wasn't sure what you meant by a different cable comment?
Sorry about that though it was showing using 2 different cables with the mest mk3. Must be old age or a chemo brain fart.

Jul 24, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #6,913 of 7,305
Sorry about that though it was showing using 2 different cables with the mest mk3. Must be old age or a chemo brain fart.
Believe me, if we had cables showing measurement differences like that (minus impedance adapters), audio science would change forevermore LOL

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #6,914 of 7,305
It should be detective, I listened to a demo at a local head-fi shop, its bass slammed really hard and deep with fine texture.

Thanks these are definitely defective. I was pretty sure but really wanted to verify in case I was missing something. How is UM customer service? I reached out late last week but have not heard back. I'm hoping with the original receipt they will let me RMA them. These are one of the few Ukraine support limited edition ones too.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #6,915 of 7,305
Thanks these are definitely defective. I was pretty sure but really wanted to verify in case I was missing something. How is UM customer service? I reached out late last week but have not heard back. I'm hoping with the original receipt they will let me RMA them. These are one of the few Ukraine support limited edition ones too.
Hi mate,

I think Ms.Liu has sent you the instructions. It is better to send me a PM on head-fi to address the quality issues. I am online for most of the time. Some of the emails with UM tag may not work very well, including my own .org email. My work email address is uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back