Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Apr 6, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #5,461 of 7,306
Good point. Not only do we all have different tastes in music, but we hear things differently and our anatomies are all different as well. It's amazing that we hear things similarly!! 😂😂
Very true on the anatomy point. I have a giant head (wore an XL football helmet when I played) yet my ear canals are tiny. The size SS final E tips are the best for me, any larger and it hurts after 5 minutes. Nevermind size medium and up being too large that I can't get the shell to touch my ear- thus preventing the BC driver from being effective.

Apr 6, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #5,462 of 7,306
Something I've noticed about mest mk2 is the more I use them and the more they burn in the higher in volume I can go without the music falling apart. Assuming the recording is flawless. I used dsd256 electronic Boris Blank Electrified album and it amazes me how loud without artifacting they can get now.

Apr 6, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #5,463 of 7,306
Never really thought about it but I'm guessing I enjoy the family of the color blue. 😂😜

IMG_20220406_204724.jpg

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #5,464 of 7,306
Something I've noticed about mest mk2 is the more I use them and the more they burn in the higher in volume I can go without the music falling apart. Assuming the recording is flawless. I used dsd256 electronic Boris Blank Electrified album and it amazes me how loud without artifacting they can get now.
(in my mom's voice) Be careful with the volume!

Apr 6, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #5,466 of 7,306
Hi all, is it rare for a driver to fail? Essentially the sound signature of my CM Mest II has suddenly changed in that vocals now appear to be originating from slightly left of centre. For example, Oleta Adams, Get Here, her voice should appear to come from dead centre of the stage, which is where my Sundaras puts them. Her voice now appears like around the nose corner of my left eye. It's moved maybe an inch away from centre. Other aspects like bass, treble, width seem to be unchanged! It has literally done this overnight which is so weird! I've had them since around end of January, 2022. I have reached out to the company I purchased them from and thankfully I can send them back to UM to be tested (and then hopefully fixed!) Has anyone else had this issue??
Something like this happens to me probably once or twice a night. However, it's usually my ears. Either too much stress at work or to many "adult beverages" 🥳. Often it gets cleared up by taking a break and moving my jaw around. My ears "open" again. Are you sure it's not your ears?

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #5,467 of 7,306
I didn't even know these existed! Must Place Order

Edit. $18.99 a pair on MTMT? :slight_frown:

Edit 2: How do these compare fit-wise with normal E's? Medium = Medium?
I ordered the large TWS and can go between either the medium or large regular type E with the large being preferred. The large TWS fits well, it could maybe be a tiny bit bigger and still fit well so I’d say fit wise it’s between the M and L of the regular type E.

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #5,468 of 7,306
I ordered the large TWS and can go between either the medium or large regular type E with the large being preferred. The large TWS fits well, it could maybe be a tiny bit bigger and still fit well so I’d say fit wise it’s between the M and L of the regular type E.
Just placed the order for Large. I can wear either M or L in the regular "E", but prefer Medium.

Thanks!

Apr 7, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #5,469 of 7,306
Something like this happens to me probably once or twice a night. However, it's usually my ears. Either too much stress at work or to many "adult beverages" 🥳. Often it gets cleared up by taking a break and moving my jaw around. My ears "open" again. Are you sure it's not your ears?
I'm almost certain it's not my ears :frowning2: I have tested across different days, devices and songs. Thanks for your insight though.

Apr 7, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #5,470 of 7,306
Large will usually fit me as well but I do notice there tends to be too much material and affects the sound signature in a negative way. Usually I am required to increase the volume a significant amount higher due to the added material in the tip.

Apr 7, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #5,471 of 7,306
Great comparison, I can agree to most of what you said about Z1R vs MkII. I never tried the Monarch or Mk I so I can't say much about that. Z1R for the price, at least to me was a let down. I had it for a short while and didn't think it was really all that much better even back then in comparison to my Fiio FH7 so I end up selling it. Now that I got the MkII I can say the separation, imaging and the overall tonality is a clear step up from the FH7, might just be my TOTL endgame for a long time as I have no intention spending over $3K for anything from 64Audio or Empire as I think even the MKII is already breaking the upper limit for me from a ROI factor.
I had the same feeling about the Monarch compared to my FH7, but the FH7 really don't get enough credit as punching way, wayyy above their current $400 price tag. How's the treble on the MKII compared to the FH7? That's the only thing I'm a little worried about since the highs on the FH7 are so sparkly and vivid.

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #5,472 of 7,306
I'm awaiting Final E TWS tips too as well as Spinfit CP1025. I hope they can compete with Xelastecs because these are perfect soundwise with the Mest, but insertion is too deep for the shell to make full contact. Does someone know if the new Azla Crystals sound the same ? They exist in TWS but are quite pricey.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #5,473 of 7,306
I'm awaiting Final E TWS tips too as well as Spinfit CP1025. I hope they can compete with Xelastecs because these are perfect soundwise with the Mest, but insertion is too deep for the shell to make full contact. Does someone know if the new Azla Crystals sound the same ? They exist in TWS but are quite pricey.
The Azla Crystal TWS are a bit too short for the MEST. The grills are completely flat with the end of the tip and while I thought that might make for a good unaltered sound, all it did was suck the bass response out. Of what I currently have, the best for my liking is the Final E TWS, followed by the Epro TWS. After that it's a toss up of a handful of SpinFits and the Azla SednaFitLight Shorts. For reference, this pic is my "Good" box of tips (I have another two like it of ones I either don't like or don't fit).
unnamed.jpg

Apr 8, 2022 at 11:03 AM Post #5,474 of 7,306
UM x MusicTeck--MEST MKII/MEXT Love & Healing Edition

UMSpecialEvent (1).jpg

Lend a helping hand today.

It’s hard to enjoy music from Paradise on this wounded Earth. We love music, and we love each other even more. Therefore, MusicTeck and Unique Melody have decided to release a Love & Healing special edition of the MEST MKII and MEXT (10 pairs of each).

100% of the sales from the Love & Healing special edition will be donated to UNICEF in the name of fans of MusicTeck and UM to help women and children in Ukraine's recovery efforts from the ongoing conflict.

We genuinely thank you for your love and thanks to the support from MusicTeck.

UM x MusicTeck--MEST MKII/MEXT Love & Healing Edition Donation Information:

1. All sales will be donated to UNICEF

2. Donation certificates will be posted on Head-Fi and Facebook

3. Donations will be made anonymously unless customers allow us to use their name

As these chilly winter days pass by, the love from you and us will be the first flowers to blossom this spring.

*New UPDATE*

After the initial announcement of the Peace & Healing special edition MKII and MEXT, many customers have expressed their wishes to donate and contribute but have been hesitant due to the high price point of the IEMs. We completely understand, and have decided to offer two new options with the intent to make donations and these IEMs more accessible for all:

Option 1: Purchase either special edition model with a 30% discount.

Option 2: Get your special edition IEM reshelled to a custom-tailored version free of charge. There will be no time restrictions, just ship us your IEM whenever and we'll get it reshelled for you.

Both options will be available in the drop-down menu on each product page.

To join the event:
MEST MKII: https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...t-mkii-special-edition?variant=39740215230526
MEXT: https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...l-mext-special-edition?variant=39740215263294

Last edited:
Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Apr 8, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #5,475 of 7,306
UM x MusicTeck--MEST MKII/MEXT Love & Healing Edition

It’s hard to enjoy music from Paradise on this wounded Earth. We love music, and we love each other even more. Therefore, MusicTeck and Unique Melody have decided to release a Love & Healing special edition of the MEST MKII and MEXT (10 pairs of each). 100% of the sales from the Love & Healing special edition will be donated to UNICEF in the name of fans of MusicTeck and UM to help women and children in Ukraine's recovery efforts from the ongoing conflict.

We genuinely thank you for your love and thanks to the support from MusicTeck.

UM x MusicTeck--MEST MKII/MEXT Love & Healing Edition Donation Information:

1. All sales will be donated to UNICEF

2. Donation certificates will be posted on Head-Fi and Facebook

3. Donations will be made anonymously unless customers allow us to use their name

As these chilly winter days pass by, the love from you and us will be the first flowers to blossom this spring.

To join the event:
MEST MKII:https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...t-mkii-special-edition?variant=39731280576574
MEXT: https://shop.musicteck.com/collecti...l-mext-special-edition?variant=39731314196542
Very nice of UM and Musicteck to do this :heart:

Happy to see all sales of this edition will be donated to an excellent cause. This color scheme is lovely, the bird is a nice touch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back