Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jan 14, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #5,026 of 7,306
Well, I am just having my first issue with my MEST Mk2. I've had them since March 2021 and when I put them on at my desk today noticed some distortion on the R side. Then I noticed a rattling sound when moving my head around. When taking off the IEM a light shake reproduces the rattling sound so it seems like something has become loose inside the R IEM.

Reached out to Musicteck and hope there is an easy way to fix this! Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Jan 14, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #5,027 of 7,306
Well, I am just having my first issue with my MEST Mk2. I've had them since March 2021 and when I put them on at my desk today noticed some distortion on the R side. Then I noticed a rattling sound when moving my head around. When taking off the IEM a light shake reproduces the rattling sound so it seems like something has become loose inside the R IEM.

Reached out to Musicteck and hope there is an easy way to fix this! Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Well, the usual query would be: Did you drop them? Once? Twice? Many times?

It's highly unlikely for the parts inside to come loose from normal usage methinks.

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #5,028 of 7,306

Likely MusicTeck will have to send it back to UM for them to have a look at it.

Jan 14, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #5,029 of 7,306
Hey guys, I'm considering the UM MEST Mk.II for a next IEM. I have two concerns with it though. The first being that I heard a reviewer claim the bone conduction seemed gimmicky, and in his experience, it created ineven playback of tracks and notes. Sometimes he'd get a sub-bass response on a part of a track, and other times he'd get it at a different part.

The second concern is I've heard people say the soundstage is very intimate. Ideally, I'm looking for an IEM with a relatively wide soundstage and a more lush sound that can still deliver in the dynamics. That seems hard to find around the kilobuck price range.

Any user feedback would be great. The MEST in general is rather hard to research as it seems everyone has very different opinions on it.
I sorta remember that review nice enough guy but I do disagree with his opinion. Everyone has different hearing and different things they look for. I’m not that great with flowery description but I will say that if I lost my Mest mkii tomorrow I be order another pair right away.
They scale up to well to the Quality of the source I started with the W2 and moved up to Shanling M6 pro 21 and it was a improvement in soundstage. I haven’t found any style of music that sounded bad with them. The main thing with them I there really tip sensitive once you get the right fit the sound is excellent.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #5,030 of 7,306
IMG_20220114_213559.jpg

Not only beautiful to look at but such a beauty to listen to on this relaxing Friday night. I'm without words in how to describe where this set takes me each and every time I listen.

Jan 15, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #5,031 of 7,306
Hey guys, I'm considering the UM MEST Mk.II for a next IEM. I have two concerns with it though. The first being that I heard a reviewer claim the bone conduction seemed gimmicky, and in his experience, it created ineven playback of tracks and notes. Sometimes he'd get a sub-bass response on a part of a track, and other times he'd get it at a different part.

The second concern is I've heard people say the soundstage is very intimate. Ideally, I'm looking for an IEM with a relatively wide soundstage and a more lush sound that can still deliver in the dynamics. That seems hard to find around the kilobuck price range.

Any user feedback would be great. The MEST in general is rather hard to research as it seems everyone has very different opinions on it.
Bone conductor depends on tips and seal. It will be very sensitive to tip rolling.
That said, MKII bone conductor does nothing to subbas region. It does not cover those frequencies.

As for soundstage. Its not the widest compared to some big boys. But it is not intimate. It has that spherical staging that gives unique sense of space imaging and separation is superior to most if not all iems in price bracket. And for me that is more enjoyable than just a width.

The only thimg i would say. It might not meet lish criteria for you. Id say its more revealing with excelent bass

Jan 15, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #5,032 of 7,306
Well, the usual query would be: Did you drop them? Once? Twice? Many times?

It's highly unlikely for the parts inside to come loose from normal usage methinks.
These things were my babies! I intended to use them for commuting, but because of the pandemic they primarily lived in my ears at a desk or couch and right back into the supplied case otherwise. No kids/pets so I doubt they were knocked about with me unaware.

Likely MusicTeck will have to send it back to UM for them to have a look at it.

Yup, sent an email and heard back within a few hours. Have been really impressed with Musicteck from the day I ordered. So much so that I recommended them to a friend who joined the MEST mk2 club after hearing about mine!

Jan 16, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #5,033 of 7,306
IMG_20220114_213559.jpg

Not only beautiful to look at but such a beauty to listen to on this relaxing Friday night. I'm without words in how to describe where this set takes me each and every time I listen.
Congrats! It is a great cable! :)

Jan 16, 2022 at 9:43 AM Post #5,034 of 7,306
So I caved after holding out for months, and did an A/B with the MEST II on the 300Max and Diablo...

If you want the deepest bass and the widest soundstage, the Diablo is still tops for me... Everything sounds so life-like, well placed, and natural. Makes the MEST II sound a notch better IMHO.

That's not saying it sounds bad on the 300Max mind you. It sounds amazing. But there's just something about the Diablo that brings out the best in the MEST II to my ears.

Jan 18, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #5,038 of 7,306
hi guys i have a question regarding mest mk2 bone conduction. A friend of mine own empire ears EVO and he talked with empire ears owner that for empire ear bone conduction to work the shell have to touch the ear and then he tried it and it does work. So i owned mest mk2 does it work the same way? He said for empire ears evo to touch his ear he need way smaller tips to slip deeper. is this the same case?

Jan 18, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #5,039 of 7,306
hi guys i have a question regarding mest mk2 bone conduction. A friend of mine own empire ears EVO and he talked with empire ears owner that for empire ear bone conduction to work the shell have to touch the ear and then he tried it and it does work. So i owned mest mk2 does it work the same way? He said for empire ears evo to touch his ear he need way smaller tips to slip deeper. is this the same case?

yes, in order for the BC driver to transmit vibrations the shells need to be in contact with the ears as much as possible. ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back