Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Aug 23, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #406 of 7,333
Mine should be arriving tomorrow alongside the DMagic.

New toy syndrome has me all excited.
ohhh DMagic...let me know what you think of it!

Aug 23, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #407 of 7,333
Musictek said the jp version just has slightly boosted treble for the Japanese pop female vocal craze. It can be had for $1,700 through them.

yes Musicteck said the same to me, but his is what UM said in earlier post of this thread;

There are some minor changes in the bass timbre, where the mid-bass is slightly more pronounced. The upper-mid to treble is slightly brighter than the original MEST. The difference is about 5% if make sense.

Btw HBB said that he is getting the Original version too, and it will arrived this around this week. Cannot wait to see the comparison between two version. He love the JP version, Im hoping He will love the original version too

Aug 23, 2020 at 11:33 PM Post #408 of 7,333
ohhh DMagic...let me know what you think of it!
We are going to have a tri-DD called 3DT coming soon too. Not trying to steal their business and I haven't heard the model yet, but we had some good feedback from the Shanghai audio show.
I stole a photo from the Chinese forum:
3dt.jpg

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Aug 23, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #409 of 7,333
We are going to have a tri-DD called 3DT coming soon too. Not trying to steal their business and I haven't heard the model yet, but we had some good feedback from the Shanghai audio show.
3dt.jpg
It'll be interesting to hear multi DD iems!

Aug 23, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #410 of 7,333
3dt.jpg
Beautiful shells!

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #413 of 7,333
Are you planning a review tour?

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #414 of 7,333
Generally speaking, I would suggest western consumers try the original MEST first. MEST JP is tuned specially for Japanese genres(female vocals, brighter treble...), while MEST is more neutral and balanced. Meanwhile, MEST is not a "generic tuning" IEMs. It has a unique timbre that delivered from the quadbrid drivers' configuration, I think most of the MEST owners will agree with me on this.
Thank you for clarifying sounds like the US MEST is just right for me. It might have been helpful to name the JP version something different to alleviate confusion. I have been wanting to get the MEST from Musicteck. Then I heard of the Japanese version. I almost felt like I would need to obtain both versions to do a comparison.

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #415 of 7,333
MEST have arrived. Got about an hour each with MEST and QDC so far.

MEST wise: I got no idea how to test if bone conduction is working, but didn't pick anything up from the face plates. But woah Nelly that bass is good! (Speaking as a basslet)

@szore impressions will be posted for both on neutral ground (aka Flickenick's thread)once I can get my thoughts in order.

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #416 of 7,333

MEST wise: I got no idea how to test if bone conduction is working, but didn't pick anything up from the face plates. But woah Nelly that bass is good! (Speaking as a basslet)

@szore impressions will be posted for both on neutral ground (aka Flickenick's thread)once I can get my thoughts in order.
I hear Unique Melody is coming out with their own 3 DD IEM!

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #417 of 7,333

Make sure you burn them in at least 100 hours on high volume bassy music, better 200. Also, with MEST, I find the Azla and the Comply foam tips sound great, could it be with better transmission the bone conduction driver makes a big difference with those tips?

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #418 of 7,333
I hear Unique Melody is coming out with their own 3 DD IEM!
If I recall correctly, UM has done a tri DD before, but that wasn't as widely received? I've always wanted to try UM, but until the MEST, there wasn't anything in my price constraints. I almost got the mini MEST but that doesnt seem to as good I've heard.

I digress, but the DMagic shells look amazing.

Make sure you burn them in at least 100 hours on high volume bassy music, better 200. Also, with MEST, I find the Azla and the Comply foam tips sound great, could it be with better transmission the bone conduction driver makes a big difference with those tips?
I'm not a burn in person, having owned only pure BA setups prior to this. But I'll definitely revisit my impressions after 100-200 hours for both and see if anything has changed.

I get a very good fit with both models with the stock tips in small (must be my earlet canals), so I'm not sure if I'm going to tip roll if at all. I'm curious if @UniqueMelody has any tracks to point us to that would demonstrate the bone conduction driver in action.

Aug 24, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #419 of 7,333
If I recall correctly, UM has done a tri DD before, but that wasn't as widely received? I've always wanted to try UM, but until the MEST, there wasn't anything in my price constraints. I almost got the mini MEST but that doesnt seem to as good I've heard.

I digress, but the DMagic shells look amazing.

I'm not a burn in person, having owned only pure BA setups prior to this. But I'll definitely revisit my impressions after 100-200 hours for both and see if anything has changed.

I get a very good fit with both models with the stock tips in small (must be my earlet canals), so I'm not sure if I'm going to tip roll if at all. I'm curious if @UniqueMelody has any tracks to point us to that would demonstrate the bone conduction driver in action.
Na its not that kind of thing, everything just sounds great no matter what track you use. The sweet spot for burn in is 72 hours...you get.80% just from that.

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:21 PM Post #420 of 7,333
Yes, UM has 3DD Ti version, but the picture of coming one looks gorgeous, hope it sounds as good as its look.
I searched and found it is 10mm+7mmx2.DD configuration.
And it seems priced at CNY $1999?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back